[comp.sys.amiga] Wordperfect Grrr

RPEDERSE%CTSTATEU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (02/27/90)

At Southern Connecticut State University Housing, we just ordered
WPLibrary/Amiga.  They shipped us the IBM version instead.  Plus, when
I called them up, I had to call 4 different numbers and was transferred
13 times.  This simple transaction took an hour of long distance
phone time and 5 different departments.  If you think I am exaggerating,
just ask the other people in my office, one of whom was listening in for
part of the time.

Please don't lets start a message subject on customer service; I just wanted
to vent.  Thank you..

Rappin' Rob...

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (02/28/90)

In article <12367@baldrick.udel.EDU> @cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

>At Southern Connecticut State University Housing, we just ordered
>WPLibrary/Amiga.  They shipped us the IBM version instead....

As a registered user of WordPerfect 4.1 for the Amiga, I've been
receiving occasional newsletters from WPCorp.  A few weeks ago I
received a card stating the exciting (!) news that WordPerfect 5.1
is available - for the IBM.  Thanks, guys.

Could they be trying to tell us something?

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside-down.

In article <12367@baldrick.udel.EDU> RPEDERSE%CTSTATEU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:

>At Southern Connecticut State University Housing, we just ordered
>WPLibrary/Amiga.  They shipped us the IBM version instead.  Plus, when
>I called them up, I had to call 4 different numbers and was transferred
>13 times.  This simple transaction took an hour of long distance
>phone time and 5 different departments.  If you think I am exaggerating,
>just ask the other people in my office, one of whom was listening in for
>part of the time.
>
>Please don't lets start a message subject on customer service; I just wanted
>to vent.  Thank you..
>
>Rappin' Rob...

	There is one thing you didn't mention. That long-distance time
was spent on 4 different 800 numbers. Although it is ridiculous that
you had to be multi-transfered, you didn't have to pay for the call
and they did finally fix things (I assume).
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Compu$erve    : 70137,3271
Anyone giving away Amigas or Sharp Scanners???

RPEDERSE%CTSTATEU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (03/08/90)

> It was the 800 numbers, wasn't it? ...

Well, about 10 minutes of it was; the rest of it was 801.  Well, 801 is close
to 800, isn't it?  ;)

RAP