[comp.sys.amiga] A Plea for viruses?? and Re: rs1&2 on xanth??

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (03/08/90)

In article <TADGUY.90Mar6204912@ceawlin.cs.odu.edu> tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) writes:
>Kinda knee-jerk, huh?  He uploaded it as a courtesy, and did test it
>on his machine first.

Okay, I apologize, this was not the place to put such things, nor the best manner of
phrasing them.

>Short of actually coming over here and running
>on someone's machine here, what would you have him do?  Just not upload it?

Now here's a reasonable question:  Why don't the same people who get kicks out
of writing viruses, incorporate PalBoot and NTSCBoot into their virus?  This might
be useful for those demos which don't actually boot off from AmigaDOS.

That way before Karl spent what I'm sure was more than 6 hours of his time uploading
the thing, he could have run NTSCVaccine, then tested.  I would be willing to bet the
diskloading code runs off video interrupt which expects PAL screens...

An amusing thing then might happen.  All the European jock-types that depend on PAL
screens would be invaded by NTSCVirus, and all us American jock-types that depend
on NTSC screens would be invaded by PALVirus, and there would ensue total chaos...

Or is that CAOS?? :)

>Anyway, you took it from incoming/amiga, a use-at-your-own-risk area...
>	...tad

Okay, okay, I said I apologized... :)

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
"Think you can, think you can't -- either way it's true."  Henry Ford