[comp.sys.amiga] Unzooing Analyticalc on a floppy system

In article <1152@fs1.ee.ubc.ca> daves@fs0.ee.ubc.ca (Dave Small) writes:

>I've been trying to uudecode/zoo etc. Analyitcalc on a 1Meg A2000 with no
>hard drive (2 3.5" floppies).

>So far, I've been unable to send the output of the zoo ("analycal.zoo") to a
>disk other than the one with the "analycal.zuu" file.  Since they are
>both ~650K they won't both fit on the same floppy (or in memory).

As long as de-zooing doesn't require outrageous amounts of ram, you should be
able to do something like this.  Copy Zoo to RAM:, then put a blank, formatted
disk in DF1:.  CD to DF1:, then replace your boot floppy in DF0: with the
disk containing the zoo file. Type "ram:zoo e// df0:analycal.zoo", and the files
should de-archive onto the blank floppy which is your current directory.  That's
assuming that the zoo program doesn't need any libraries that aren't already
in memory; it may end up asking for Workbench again to get such libraries.  But
in general, this can work for most any de-archive procedure, assuming the files
all fit on one floppy.  If not, you can do the same thing, only ask for them
a few at a time.

--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough