[comp.sys.amiga] TeX3.0

rokicki@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Tomas G. Rokicki) (03/09/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: TeX3.0

I do indeed plan to port TeX 3.0 to the Amiga.  I cannot say when it
will be finished, though, and I do not recommend anyone gamble on me
finishing it anytime soon.

Since TeX 3.0 is primarily of interest to foreign users of AmigaTeX
(most English-speaking users will never know the difference between
3.0 and 2.9), and since there is a substantial amount of work to be
done to make everything work correctly and efficiently with 3.0
(certainly many man-months) I am currently working on features that
will have a greater impact for less effort.

-tom