[comp.sys.amiga] HP PLOTTER DRIVER

vic.rocha@canremote.uucp (VIC ROCHA) (03/02/90)

I Recall reading message traffic here in the last few months about
someone who has written and has been testing s/w related to the HP-GL or
HP plotters.  As luck would have it I was asked today if I knew of such
s/w, whether it's a driver or `conversion' program I don't recall.
Perhaps someone could `steer' me in the right direction.  It's for one
of the local school boards that would like to either use their Amigas
with their HP plotters or in the alternative `convert' HP output to
drive Amiga supported printers or vice-versa, convert Amiga output to HP
format for use in their PC's or some combination that makes use of
both possible.  I am in possession of PLT v1.3a for the Amiga which
prints HP type output files on dot matrix printers but that is not quite
what is being sought.   Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Vic.Rocha@canremote.uucp

---
 ~ Via ProDoor 3.2aR

rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard Champeaux) (03/09/90)

In article <90030807522869@masnet.uucp> vic.rocha@canremote.uucp (VIC ROCHA) writes:
>I Recall reading message traffic here in the last few months about
>someone who has written and has been testing s/w related to the HP-GL or
>HP plotters.  As luck would have it I was asked today if I knew of such
>s/w, whether it's a driver or `conversion' program I don't recall.
>Perhaps someone could `steer' me in the right direction.  It's for one
>of the local school boards that would like to either use their Amigas
>with their HP plotters or in the alternative `convert' HP output to
>drive Amiga supported printers or vice-versa, convert Amiga output to HP
>format for use in their PC's or some combination that makes use of
>both possible.  I am in possession of PLT v1.3a for the Amiga which
>prints HP type output files on dot matrix printers but that is not quite
>what is being sought.   Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
>
>Vic.Rocha@canremote.uucp

(Sorry, I tried to mail this but it bounced)

I'm one of the authors of PLT:.  What do you mean when you say it's not
quite what is being sought.  It does exactly what you say you need:
"... alternative 'convert' HP output to drive Amiga supported printers ..."
PLT: takes HP-GL input and prints it on any amiga supported printer.
If that's not what you need, could you explain further?

Rich Champeaux

Rich Champeaux                       PLT:  The plotter device for the Amiga!
rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu           Ask for it at your neighborhood FTP site!

"It's never too late to do nothing at all."

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (03/09/90)

From article <8281@hubcap.clemson.edu>, by rchampe@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard Champeaux):
> I'm one of the authors of PLT:.  What do you mean when you say it's not
> quite what is being sought.  It does exactly what you say you need:
> "... alternative 'convert' HP output to drive Amiga supported printers ..."
> PLT: takes HP-GL input and prints it on any amiga supported printer.
> If that's not what you need, could you explain further?

     As I read the message he wants to do just the opposite--take output
destined for Preferences printers and translate it to HP-GL for use on an
HP plotter.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705