[comp.sys.amiga] NETHACK

svanteb@sluga.UUCP (Svante Berglund) (03/04/89)

Is It anyone out there who could send me nethack Part02/07.......

My computer went crasy and killed it!

THANK'S::
Svante Berglund
SWEDEN...
..why be good when you can act bad!!!!d

bagchi@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ranjan Bagchi) (11/04/89)

As I've become addicted to the rendition of hack (version 1.something) on
the system that I'm using, I've been looking for an amiga port of it.

The one that I've come in contact with (Version 2.3) seems to have a problem.
The font doesn't seem to work.  I get garbage characters when I attempt to
use it. I looked at it with a font editor, and it doesn't appear to even
be a font.  Has anyone had any lock at all with this thing?

Next question.  Is NetHack 3.0 available for Amiga?  Where?

	-rj
	bagchi@sparky.eecs.umich.edu

multi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Chuan Su Kuan) (11/05/89)

The graphic font isn't the greatest in the world but it's better then
nothing at all.    Enjoy....

P.S.  I, too, am looking for NetHack v3.0.  I posted a message earlier,
      but haven't get any reply yet [it's been, what, a week already?]

The font used on NetHack v2.3e can be involked by doing the follwing

	place the file hack.font in the root directory of NetHack:
	create a directory named hack under NetHack:
        copy the font file '8' into 'hack'

kenb@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Ken Baynard) (11/09/89)

multi@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Chuan Su Kuan) writes:

>The graphic font isn't the greatest in the world but it's better then
>nothing at all.    Enjoy....

>P.S.  I, too, am looking for NetHack v3.0.  I posted a message earlier,
>      but haven't get any reply yet [it's been, what, a week already?]

The best bet is to just include the Hack font on your Workbench disk
in the fonts directory, then you're all set. As to nethack 3.0, there
is a gentleman in ,I believe, the Netherlands who did the port for
2.3, who is working on 3.0. If you have been following the progress
of 3.0 in rec.games.hack, then you will know that there have been
several major patches done to the program since it was first released
plus the executable is rather large, so I suspect that he may be
running into some problems with it.

clmqt!kenb

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (03/09/90)

Where can I get nethack patch level 7 as a BINARY
I got the source (in 25 parts) from jyu.fi but
even though I have Lattice 5.04 I dont like the idea
spending 4h+ to compile something that someone must
have compiled before they submitted it there.

					Karl

---

Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
University of Lulea,Sweden

Disc: If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!