In <5252.25f6bab6@uwovax.uwo.ca>, 4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

>MSH:    FileSystem = MessyFileSystem

Try:

MSH:     FileSystem = L:MessyFileSystem

-larry

--
Entymology bugs me.

4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/09/90)

    I downloaded MSH from comp.binaries.amiga a few days ago, and
tonight I decided to try it out.  I added the MSH entry to my
mountlist (this was clipped directly from msh.man),

MSH:    FileSystem = MessyFileSystem
        Device = messydisk.device
        Unit = 1
        Flags = 0
        LowCyl = 0 ; HighCyl = 79
        Surfaces = 2
        BlocksPerTrack = 9
        Buffers = 5
        BufMemType = 1
        BootPri = 0
        Stacksize = 4096
        Priority = 5
        GlobVec  = -1
#

- mounted msh in my shell-boot file,

BindDrivers
mount msh: speak: newcon: cnd: aux: pip: pipe:
      ^^^

- copied messydisk.device to l: and MessyFileSystem to devs:,

and rebooted, I still cannot get MSH to work.  If I put an MS-DOS disk
in drive 1, AmigaDOS reports a ``bad disk'' (as it should), and if I then
try ``dir msh:'' or ``cd msh:'' or anything of that nature, I get
the error:  MSH: not found.

My setup:  A500, 2 3.5" drives, 1 Meg, Arp 1.3 / Ash (Arp's shell).

I also tried changing the mountlist entry to use drive 0 (Unit=0), but
there was no change.

I must be doing something very wrong for it not to work at all.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Steve van der Burg                      4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca   or
University of Western Ontario           van-der@obelix.gaul.csd.uwo.ca
London, Ontario, Canada

fenske@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Robert Fenske Jr) (03/09/90)

In article <5252.25f6bab6@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:

> [stuff & mount list deleted]
>
>- copied messydisk.device to l: and MessyFileSystem to devs:,

Assuming the above line is what you did (and not just typed wrong),
you need to switch them: put messydisk.device in devs: and
messyfilesystem in l:.

--
Robert Fenske, Jr.                      Sw     | The Taming the C*sm*s series:
Electromagnetics Division              /R---\  |