[comp.sys.amiga] Postscript fonts and Chris Minshall

kxs5829@ultb.isc.rit.edu (K.X. Saunders) (03/02/90)

To Chris Minshall:
	I got your mail and tried to send Post1.0 to you, but never got
a reply.  Can you send those fonts?  Post is on Xanth in incoming/amiga.

To the Net:
	Does anyone have any postscript fonts for use with Post1.0?  I
assume that Post will accept any Adobe format font.

	Thanks,

|    // Only /\          kxs5829@ultb.isc.rit.edu                            |
|\\ //      /--\MIGA     kyle@ritcsh.cs.rit.edu                              |
| \X/                    Rochester Institute of Technology                   |

maffett@uther.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Maffett) (03/10/90)

In article <2324@ultb.isc.rit.edu> kxs5829@ultb.isc.rit.edu (K.X. Saunders) writes:
>To Chris Minshall:
>	Does anyone have any postscript fonts for use with Post1.0?  I
>assume that Post will accept any Adobe format font.

   Post 1.0 supports Adobe type 3 fonts only, but may soon support
Type 1 fonts (also known as "hinted" fonts).

   I have been able to collect about 50 PD/Shareware fonts for use with
Post, mac BBS's are a good place to look.  The PS fonts from mac sources
do require some conversion steps though, mainly changing the CR to LF's.

   BUT, by far the best source of fonts for use with Post is
"Outline Fonts for the Amiga" by Gold Disk.  This package contains
ALL 35 standard Postscript font outlines, and allows you to create
postscript fonts, Pro Page fonts, for Amiga bitmap fonts.  The fonts
are AGFA Compugraphic fonts, which presumably will also be use by the
Amiga in workbench 1.4.
   Best of all they are cheap (for fonts anyway) at around $150.00 for
all 35 fonts.  (I just picked my package up at HT Electronics in
Sunnyvale for $144).

tim
Replies to above address, or maffett@netcom.uucp