[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 for sale

bcl+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian Love) (06/14/88)

This post was intended for Richard Foy @ aero.ARPA but my mailer
can't deal with that address and I don't mind advertising publicly.

Well, what can I say?  It's an Amiga 1000.  It's old (12/85) but
it's in good shape.  External drive to keep or sell.
I'm considering upgrading to an A2000.

Your welcome to bid for it, but I'm not sure how badly I want
to sell it...

Brian C. Love

foy@aero.ARPA (Richard Foy) (06/17/88)

In article <4Wh5ngy00VoB5Hs0Zj@andrew.cmu.edu> bcl+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brian Love) writes:
>This post was intended for Richard Foy @ aero.ARPA but my mailer
>can't deal with that address and I don't mind advertising publicly.
>
>Well, what can I say?  It's an Amiga 1000.  It's old (12/85) but
>Brian C. Love

Thanks to Brian and all the others who responded by mail or postings
concerning my request for a bare A1000. I now have purchased one from
someone near me.

In case any one is interested my experience in looking around tells me
that a reasonable price for a used A1000, without monitor, is between
$400 and $500.
     /|\

The above opinions are all my own.
Richard Foy
.

kjohn@richp1.uucp (John K. Counsulatant) (11/15/88)

    Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances (I need money for a home
purchase), I am forced to sell my Amiga 1000 system.  I hope the prices
below seem reasonable, if not MAKE ME AN OFFER !!!!! I will discount the
prices for multiple items or complete systems purchased.

For Sale :

  A1000 System:

    A1000 68000 CPU, 512k RAM, AmigaDOS, AmigaBASIC, and ABasiC    450
    A1080 Analog RGB Monitor (also TTL/composite)                  250
    TimeSaver Battery backed clock/keyboard macros                  40

  A1000 2 Megabyte RAM system:

    Escort II 2 Megabyte RAM board w/2 slot Zorro-I case           560
	NOTE - This contains 64 SOCKETED 256K RAM CHIPS (100ns)

  A1000 32Mb Harddisk System:

    C.Ltd A1000 -> SCSI Controller w/SCSIDOS 2.06                  125
    Adaptec SCSI <-> ST506 RLL Hardidsk Controller                  70
    Seagate ST238 32 Megabyte RLL Harddisk                         175
    4 Drive Case w/Power supply for Adaptec & Seagate               40

  A500/A1000/A2000 Misc. Equipment:

    Motorola 68010 10MHz ceramic chip                               25
    Master3A External 3.5" Amiga Disk Drive (low power)            110
    Racal Vadic 2400V 2400 baud Hayes compatible modem             120

  A500/A1000/A2000 Software:

    All Fish/Amicus/USENET/KJohn PD Disks (>200 disks)             320
    Lattice C v4.02                                                100
    Manx C v3.6 w/SDB                                              150
    Saf-T-Net                                                       20
    OnLine! v1.0                                                    10
    OnLine! v2.0                                                    25
    GoldSpell Spelling Checker from GoldDisk                        20
    Marauder II                                                     10
    Guilde of Thiefs                                                10
    StarGlider                                                      15
    Karate King                                                     10
    Archon II: ADEPTS                                               10
    Leather Goddesses of Phobos                                     10
    Fortress Underground                                             5
    Borrowed Time                                                    5
    Bridge 4.0                                                      10
    Artic Fox                                                       15
    Space Port                                                       5
    Space Battle                                                     5
    Challenger                                                       5

	All the above items are in top working order, and will be shipped
to you C.O.D.  Please call or E-Mail me if anything interests you.

					KJohn

I can be reached at:

RealTime:  1(312)418-1236  (6pm to 10:30pm central time)

USmail:    John Kjellman
           17302 Park Ave.
           Lansing IL 60438

E-Mail:    kjohn@richp1.UUCP
                   or
           [ purdue | att | cs.ubc | mcdcchg ] !richp1!kjohn
                   or
           uunet ! richsun!kjohn

| Amiga ///   | Disclaimer: This is only a dream, it's only a dream ........  |
| Manic///.5K | One liners: I'm from the government, I'm here to help....     |
|  \\\///  1K |             MS/D*S is the best damn OS I have ever used....   |
|   \XX/   2K | kjohn@richp1  or  [purdue | att | cs.ubc |     ]!richp1!kjohn |

840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) (11/19/88)

Dear John,   :-)      ( I just had to )

I'm sorry I posted this but I've had trouble emailing you.  I want to
purchase your MANX-C, but only if I will be fully eligible for upgrades.
I also want ArchonII:Adept and possibly the modem.

My brother needs a second drive so I'll phone him and ask him if he wants
me to pick it up for him.   I am also interested in the hard disk and
accessories.  Send me e-mail please.

-Alan

--
% Alan W. McKay     %                                             %
% Acadia University %   "I am a Jedi Knight,                      %

840445m@aucs.UUCP (Alan W. McKay) (04/15/89)

I have a 512k Amiga 1000 for sale.  It is in good
shape except it needs a new U300 (8520 CIA-A) chip.
This is a clock chip.  The computer runs all software
I have tried on it as is.  (EXECELLENCE!, LATTICE-C,
VARIOUS GAMES, PD SOFTWARE) The only problem is that
time does not pass.  This could be a problem with
some software.  The chip should be about $10 to replace.
Also, the computer is half covered with various stickers.
I could be convinced to clean the stickers off, but
maybe you like sticker on your computer :-)

I have no idea what the going rate is for an A1000, so
I'll open the bidding at $400 U.S. and see what kind of
offers/flames that gets me.  I may not necessarily sell
it to the best bid.  If the bids are too low, it may be
worth my while to just keep the damn thing and use it
for a big print buffer or something.

--
% Alan W. McKay     %                                             %
% Acadia University %   " The world needs more Socrates           %

allen@tcville.HAC.COM (Allen Farrington) (09/30/89)

I have an A1000 for sale.  It includes:

	CPU w/512K, 1010 DD, 1080 Monitor,
	Avatek 1200e MODEM,
	Escort II Memory Expansion w/ 2MB.

CPU, Drive, Monitor, MODEM -- $800
Memory Expansion           -- $500
Both for                   -- $1150

Please contact me via E-mail allen@tcville.hac.com or (213)436-0483.

-Allen H. Farrington
|  Allen H. Farrington         smart:  allen@tcville.hac.com           |
|   (213) 436-0483        CompuServe:  74010,1775                      |

hutch@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu (02/07/90)

A friend of mine has an Amiga 1000 for sale.  He has the following:

	Amiga 1000 with 512K
	Starboard II with 2 megs (total memory of 2.5 megs on system)
	A1010 3.5" floppy drive

	He would like $900 for everything.  If you are interested you can
Email me or call (507) 6645-8927 and ask for Steve or Nancy.  Either of
them can tell you more.

Thanks.
Lance Hutchinson	 \\====//	phone: (507) 663-6447
St Olaf College           \\==//	@work: (507) 663-7885
Northfield, MN.  55057	   \\//		hutch@thor.acc.stolaf.edu

watters@penguin.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (02/07/90)

-A friend of mine has an Amiga 1000 for sale.  He has the following:-
-
-	Amiga 1000 with 512K
-	Starboard II with 2 megs (total memory of 2.5 megs on system)
-	A1010 3.5" floppy drive
-
-	He would like $900 for everything.  If you are interested you can
-Email me or call (507) 6645-8927 and ask for Steve or Nancy.  Either of
-them can tell you more.
-
-Thanks.
-ance Hutchinson	 \\====//	phone: (507) 663-6447
-St Olaf College           \\==//	@work: (507) 663-7885
-Northfield, MN.  55057	   \\//		hutch@thor.acc.stolaf.edu

HEY, anyone plannig to buy a 2000 series machine should buy this, rip all
the ram out of it, take the second drive, and Trade it in for the 2000,
Make a $100 profit along with getting all the ram and a free second drive!!!!

I'd do it but I already have a 2500,

Dave

doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) (02/08/90)

In article <76736@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> <watters@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>HEY, anyone plannig to buy a 2000 series machine should buy this, rip all
                                                         ^^^
Ok, there's $900 in expense...

>the ram out of it, take the second drive, and Trade it in for the 2000,
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^
...And there's $999, too...

>Make a $100 profit along with getting all the ram and a free second drive!!!!
        ^^^^^^^^^^^

So we've spent $1899 so far. True, you get a 2000, the ram, and a 2nd drive,
but where's this $100 profit?

Squaring the circle next? :-)
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt		{pyramid,apple}!xdos!doug
Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow		Professional Wildeyed Visionary

mark@isi.UUCP (Mark Bailey) (02/13/90)

FOR Sale:

Stock A1000 with Keyboard, works great ------  $450.
StarboardII with 2-Meg and Multifunction ----  $400.

BOTH:  $750.00/OBO

Will throw in some PD software if you buy disks.

Call me During Working Hours, (301) 731-4233, or respond via e-mail.

Mark Bailey                                 (I didn't really say this.)
via:  ...!uunet!pyrdc!isi!mark              ------Have a  8-|  day!!!!!
--
Mark Bailey                                 (I didn't really say this.)
via:  ...!uunet!pyrdc!isi!mark              ------Have a  8-|  day!!!!!

CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu (Chris) (03/10/90)

I have the following items for sale.  No reasonable offer refused!

A1000 (512k w/ PAL ground mod)
Spirit INBOARD fully populated w/ 1.5 megs
1080 RGB Monitor
CMI PA-1000 accelerator
3.5 Amiga floppy drive

                                       Please E-Mail or call