[comp.sys.amiga] AW tidbits 4/90 -> WB 2.0 not 1.4

duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (03/09/90)

What's this I read in April issue of AmigaWorld?

EAR to the Wall

Workbench 2.0 (formally known as Workbench 1.4) is set for early
1990 release?

cmcmanis@stpeter.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (03/09/90)

In article <2826@uwm.edu> duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:
>What's this I read in April issue of AmigaWorld?
>	"Workbench 2.0 (formally known as Workbench 1.4) is set
>	 for early 1990 release?"

I guess that is why they call it the APRIL issue huh? (As in April
first, as in April Fools Day) If it took C/A 12 months to get 1.3
out after it was at "Gamma" I can hardly see how they would get 1.4
out which is supposedly a much more radical change in less time.

--Chuck McManis
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: cmcmanis  Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM
"If it didn't have bones in it, it wouldn't be crunchy now would it?!"

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/09/90)

Could anyone tell me if what version  (alpha,beta...) of 1.4 or(2.0)
is out for the developer's right now?

john

stefan@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (BUCHHOLZ stefan) (03/09/90)

          CANONONICAL LIST OF MOST USEFUL PUBLIC DOMAIN SOFTWARE

    1. Browser: allows one to view directories, copy files, etc, a la MAC
plus all kind of goodies that a multitaking OS offers. Launch a task simply
by clicking on the file name (even projects!!).

    2. Snap: cut and paste ANY stype font from ANY window on ANY screen.
Beautiful, transparent, easy...

    3. ARP1.3: Replaces most AmigaDos commands with smaller more powerful
ones. Very easily installable.

    4. VirusX: Kills viruses dead! get it if you do more than play games.

    5. Switcher: Jump from 1 screen to another easily.  Has a bunch of
nice options...

    6. Scripit: Does what Arexx does, without Arexx headaches!!! A must!

        ...to be continued (someone pick up the ball)

bard@jessica.Stanford.EDU (David Hopper) (03/09/90)

In article <2826@uwm.edu> duncan@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) writes:

>Workbench 2.0 (formally known as Workbench 1.4) is set for early
>1990 release?

If this is true, can we assume that CATS got Intellifont in there?

Dave Hopper             ///  Yesterday, CS.	      | bard@jessica
                       ///    Today, Anthro/History.  |     .Stanford.EDU
                   \\\///			      |
                    \XX/ Tomorrow... URBAN TERRORISM! | (Mel Blanc lives!)

IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) (03/10/90)

In article <1910@clyde.concordia.ca>, stefan@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (BUCHHOLZ
stefan) says:

>     [ Lots of PD utilities deleted ]
>
>        ...to be continued (someone pick up the ball)

You forgot...

 7) ConMan!  Comand line editing, window size controll at a F key.
             User definable buffer for CLH, (mine is set at 15K :)
             Comand line SEARCHING.  (Great!)  Much, much better
             then 1.3 Shell.  Get WShell and you have a killer CLI.

8) TopazII   This is a nice font.  You can modify your Kickstart disk
             or use 1.3 FF.  Much eaiser to read than stanbdard
             Topaz. (Yuck)

Any more?

Ian Smith <ims103@psuvm.bitnet>

walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) (03/10/90)

In article <90068.133133IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu> IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) writes:
>In article <1910@clyde.concordia.ca>, stefan@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (BUCHHOLZ
>stefan) says:
>>
>>     [ Lots of PD utilities deleted ]
>>
>>        ...to be continued (someone pick up the ball)
>
>You forgot...
> 7) ConMan!  Comand line editing, window size controll at a F key.
>8) TopazII   This is a nice font.  You can modify your Kickstart disk

Drool :)
Could I convince you lucky ones to disclose an ftp site, fish disk, or
other good source for these delectable goodies ALONG WITH FUTURE POSTS?
   Ex: I'm still using ConMan 1.1 (I think it's up to 1.3 or so) because
       that's the latest one I could find.
Thanks, I knew you would!

Much obliged,
Udo Schuermann