[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 2000 ---> VCR for a quick movie

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (03/10/90)

I want to display some slides from the Amiga onto a VCR, possibly with
some amiga music in the background.

I have no trouble taking the audio(Left channel only) into my VCR
mono audio in and the amiga monochrome video out into the VCR
video in. However, the image is not very crisp, and color would be nice.

What is the best way to improve? Should I worry about shielding the connecting
jacks? Can I get color?

Please Email or post replies.

-Chris Kushmerick
--
Look Ma, no sig!

ranjit@grad2.cis.upenn.edu (Ranjit Bhatnagar) (03/11/90)

In article <1721@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov writes:
>I want to display some slides from the Amiga onto a VCR, possibly with
>some amiga music in the background.
>
>I have no trouble taking the audio(Left channel only) into my VCR
>mono audio in and the amiga monochrome video out into the VCR
>video in. However, the image is not very crisp, and color would be nice.
>
>What is the best way to improve? Should I worry about shielding the connecting
>jacks? Can I get color?

A simple y-connector will allow you to combine both amiga
stereo channels into one for recording.  Radio Shack sells them
for a couple of dollars.

To get color you need to buy an RGB->Composite encoder (about $50-80)
or a genlock ($150-500).  Either that or buy an Amiga 1000, which has
a color output ($200-400).

Using expensive gold-plated cables might improve your video a bit.
Don't bother with gold cables on the audio.  Also, don't use bargain-basement
videotapes.  See if it looks any better in 2-hour mode than 6-hour mode.
An article in Ami Exchange v2#5 recommends the following VHS tapes:
	Fuji Super HG Hi Fi
	Fuji Super XG Pro
	JVC Super HG Hi Fi
	Maxell HL Hi Fi