[comp.sys.amiga] Caligari & VD1 info needed

cs121jj@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (03/07/90)

Where is this Caligari package to be found that can render like the ad in
the latest issue of Amiga World?  I have a VD1 and would love to be able to
use Caligari with my existing Turbo Silver objects, but cannot due to the fact
that I don't have the Interchange module for Caligari (is there one?).
I'd also like to be able to render like that (or better if possible) with my
VD1 and Caligari...any info appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury) (03/12/90)

> Where is this Caligari package to be found that can render like the ad in
> the latest issue of Amiga World?  I have a VD1 and would love to be able to
> use Caligari with my existing Turbo Silver objects, but cannot due to the fact
> that I don't have the Interchange module for Caligari (is there one?).
> I'd also like to be able to render like that (or better if possible) with my
> VD1 and Caligari...any info appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I don't think Caligari supports the VD1 at all.  From what I've seen at shows
where Caligari was being displayed by the author, he has written a version of
Caligari that will output directly to a TARGA or VISTA board through a
Bridgeboard to get the images you see in the ads.  I don't think you are going
to find much support for the VD1 except from Impulse.

I've never heard of an Interchange module to go from Caligari objects to
anything.

-- Bob

InterNet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com          |       ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl          |        CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: ..crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil |  Amer. Online: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854