[comp.sys.amiga] silly posting

cmcmanis@stpeter.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (03/12/90)

In article <3944@nmtsun.nmt.edu> dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dr. Mosh) writes:
>Actually, the 68040 is faster than the current SPARCS used in the Sun
>4/330 and 4/370(both 17 MIPS) and the 68040 is reported to do 20 MIPS.
>Plus the fact it has an on board FPU...
>-Dino Khoe

You are mistaken, the fastest commercially available SPARC system is
faster than the fastest commercially available 68040 system ('cuz there
ain't one). I see no reason why this wouldn't continue to be the case
even when there was a commercially available '040 system. (Talk to your
SPARC vendor for details...)

--Chuck McManis
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: cmcmanis  Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM
"If it didn't have bones in it, it wouldn't be crunchy now would it?!"