[comp.sys.amiga] NET: questions etc.

bheil@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Heil) (03/11/90)

Hello all,
	This is my first posting here so please be nice.  I have two questions:

1) I keep hearing about this NET: device for the parallel port, I have NET: and
use it with DNet over the serial port.  Where can I get the parallel version
and what mods must I make on a cable to make it work?

2) I just got a C.Itoh serial 8510 (it doesn't say Prowriter anywhere in the
docs), and I am using the 8510 driver posted to the comp.binaries.  If I use
WordPerfect or am printing from a standard WB 1.3 everything works fine,
however if I print from a disk running ARP 1.3 and ASH (ver 1.0?) I get a
bunch of garbage.  Any ideas what's going on here?

Brian Heil                                  University of Iowa, Iowa City Iowa

brian_heil@scout-po.biz.uiowa.edu
bheil@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu           INTERNET
bheilpc@uiamvs                       BITNET               //
                      AMIGA there is no substitute      \X/

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (03/12/90)

In article <867@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> bheil@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Heil) writes:
>2) I just got a C.Itoh serial 8510 (it doesn't say Prowriter anywhere in the
>docs), and I am using the 8510 driver posted to the comp.binaries.  If I use
>WordPerfect or am printing from a standard WB 1.3 everything works fine,
>however if I print from a disk running ARP 1.3 and ASH (ver 1.0?) I get a
>bunch of garbage.  Any ideas what's going on here?

Well, I'd like to know too, as I wrote the printer driver. I run Arp
1.3, but not ASH, so I'd suggest that you look there first. Maybe
try it without ASH. I usually run the printer with the parallel
port, but do have a serial port & could try it out. (Forgot about
that one). I have an 8510A which is a 'ProWriter' & understand that
there are 8510B's, but have never seen one and don't know if there
are any differences.

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
        Motto : "Anything worth doing is worth overdoing"