[comp.sys.amiga] Bars & Pipes: A User's Report - Bugs fixed

davidc@pyr.gatech.EDU (David Carter) (03/12/90)

Kurt A. Geisel writes:
(a long review, saying many good things about Bars & Pipes, and mentioning
several bugs).

I just talked to the authors tonight.  Although they'd like to post a message
here directly, they probably won't have time before AmiExpo.  However, the
main point they wanted to make is that you have one of the earliest versions
of the program and manual.  Most or all of the known bugs in the program
(including the ones you mentioned) have been corrected, except for the ABA
bug, which they also are familiar with but are having trouble tracking down.
Also, the manual has been through a few printings, and all known typos have
been fixed.

People who sent in their warranty card (like you) will be automatically
sent the current disk at no charge (this is being done due to the nature
of the bugs, but I have no idea what their policy for program updates will
be in the future).

>If Blue Ribbon Bakery actually releases a tool/accessory developer's
>tool kit, B&P's utility will basically double for me.  It looks like the
>basic architecture for some seriously cool music tools has been laid out
>and I would love to get my hands on the programming library.

It's in the works.  They've got their hands full at this moment with things
like AmiExpo, but will definitely get to it (and other neat ideas).

They just finished AmigoPhone (the internal sounds add-on disk), and will
have that at the show.

One last note: they love to talk to people on the phone, but you would be
doing them a great favor (in my opinion) to hold all non-critical questions
until the middle of next week.  They (like many other companies) have a lot
to do getting ready for AmiExpo.

David Carter		gtnetdc@hydra.gatech.edu