[comp.sys.amiga] Help Request Time..

In <8476@chaph.usc.edu>, aliu@castor.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) writes:

>3. Are the CBM C-headers public-domain, publicly-distributable, or anything
>   of the likes? Can I get them from somewhere? I know that I can get them
>   from CBM, but they sell them in a package, and I only want the headers
>   (for private use). Does the new release of Sozobon-C (the one on ff31x)
>   include these headers?

They are not freely distributable. You can get them from CBM. The package is
about $25.00, and contains the autodocs and some other goodies. Can't get much
cheaper than that.

-larry

--
Gallium Arsenide is the technology of the future;
  always has been, always will be.

aliu@castor.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) (03/07/90)

Three questions I hope someone can help with. (mail is fine)

1. Does anyone know of a program that will let you position a screen like
   the sliding gadget in Preferences? I use MoreRows, and some programs
   force their screens/windows at max 640x200 ( | 400). I would like to
   be able to reposition that screen (and preferably ONLY that screen). Is
   this possible?

2. I heard that Fat Agnus may sometimes cause problems with floppy r/w
   errors. Would Mrs Agnus induce errors in all the drives you have connected
   to your computer, or is it possible that it only affects one drive?
   My df1: keeps giving me a LOT of r/w errors, while my df0: only gives
   me errors once in a long while... (could be that my drive is out
   of alignment, because cleaning it had no effect).

3. Are the CBM C-headers public-domain, publicly-distributable, or anything
   of the likes? Can I get them from somewhere? I know that I can get them
   from CBM, but they sell them in a package, and I only want the headers
   (for private use). Does the new release of Sozobon-C (the one on ff31x)
   include these headers?

						Thanks...

aliu@nunki.usc.edu | Forwarded Posting | (C) 1990, All Rights Reserved | 8^} |

In article <1206@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca> lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) writes:
(some line deletions to save space)
>In <8476@chaph.usc.edu>, aliu@castor.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) writes:
>>3. Are the CBM C-headers public-domain, publicly-distributable, or anything

>They are not freely distributable. You can get them from CBM. The package is
>about $25.00, and contains the autodocs and some other goodies. Can't get much
>cheaper than that.
>-larry
>|   //   Larry Phillips                                                 |

I believe this is called the Native Developers' Unit (NDU).

 _   /|
 \`o.O'    Chris Dailey, Amiga Enthusiast
 =(___)=   dailey@cpsin1.cps.msu.edu
    U      - "Meow."
(Bill the Cat not original--imitation intended as a form of flattery.)