[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaTeX & TeX 3.0

stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) (03/08/90)

In an article from comp.text[.tex] someone mentioned that Mr. Rokicki (Uhhh, is
this the right spelling??) will NOT implement the new TeX 3.0 features into
AmigaTeX. Has someone out there more information about this?

	Stefan

Mail	: Stefan Becker, Holsteinstrasse 9, 5100 Aachen, West Germany +--------+
Phone	: +49-241-505705	FIDO: 2:242/7.6	+---------------------+	 Call  |
InterNet: stefanb@s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de | Place free for ad's    now!  |
UUCP	: ..mcvax!unido!rwthinf!s02!stefanb	+------------------------------+

jac@muslix.llnl.gov (James Crotinger) (03/14/90)

In article <2493@rwthinf.UUCP> stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) writes:
>In an article from comp.text[.tex] someone mentioned that Mr. Rokicki (Uhhh, is
>this the right spelling??) will NOT implement the new TeX 3.0 features into
>AmigaTeX. Has someone out there more information about this?

   At one point I believe tom said he might do a straight port of TeX
3.0 and release it, but he would not be able to add all the
optimizations and features that AmigaTeX's main tex has. At least not
in the near future (he's also a grad student and is trying to wrap up
that stage of his life).