[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga 3D library

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) (03/09/90)

Hi everyone. A few months ago I wrote a (freeware) library of 3d drawing
routines for the amiga. After it was included (without my knowledge) as an
example on the Aztec C 5.0 release disks, I found a serious problem in the
surface sorting algor. I finally got around to fixing it (as well as adding
a couple of new things to it) a few days ago. I think it's working now, but
I'd like a few people to beta test it for me.

If you haven't seen it, the library allows fast and relatively easy drawing of
a set of 3d objects (wireframe or surfaces) from any persepective. It
should make 3d video games, 3d object editors, etc ...  very easy to write. It
uses (almost) all integer math, so it's quite speedy.

If you'd like to be a beta-tester, let me know, and I'll try to get a copy
to you. Once I'm sure it's not too buggy, I'll post it to comp.sources.amiga.

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu          CS-> | <-Ph
stevel@citiago  (Bitnet)               \|/               I DO ...
72335,1537      (Compuserve)            ?

kovach@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Pete Kovach) (03/09/90)

I'd be happy to be a beta tester of your 3d software. Please send me a copy
if you would. Thank you.
Peter Kovach

Facation - A vacation of the mind

Internet: kovach@src.honeywell.com

jonabbey@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Jonathan Abbey) (03/10/90)

In article <62123@srcsip.UUCP> kovach@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Pete Kovach) writes:
>I'd be happy to be a beta tester of your 3d software. Please send me a copy
>if you would. Thank you.
>Peter Kovach

I'd also be interested.. I'm working on a 3d game program myself, and would
like to discuss 3d implementations on the Amiga.. I've seen Ken Offer's
QPaint 3d library, but I don't think it will do for what I intend.. I
anticipate writing my own game-specific assembly routines to take advantage
of certain characteristics of the 3d space, but I would be overjoyed to
see what others have done..

Jonathan Abbey                                   | I state only for myself,
jonabbey@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu       (512) 926-5934 | but I may inquire on the
The University of Texas at Austin - CS Undergrad | behalf of others.

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (03/13/90)

>  Subj: Amiga 3D library
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Sat Mar 10 1990 04:58
>
>Hi everyone. A few months ago I wrote a (freeware) library of 3d drawing
>routines for the amiga. After it was included (without my knowledge) as an
>example on the Aztec C 5.0 release disks, I found a serious problem in the

Hmm.. seems to me that if your work was included and has one of those "Not
to be included in a commercial product" thingies you could be a RICH boy!

"Tina Turner is really my mother", Reveals Joan Rivers.

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

phorgan@cup.portal.com (Patrick John Horgan) (03/14/90)

Kenneth J. Jamieson says:

>  Subj: Amiga 3D library
>  Keyw:
>  Date: Sat Mar 10 1990 04:58
>
>Hi everyone. A few months ago I wrote a (freeware) library of 3d drawing
>routines for the amiga. After it was included (without my knowledge) as an
>example on the Aztec C 5.0 release disks, I found a serious problem in the

Hmm.. seems to me that if your work was included and has one of those "Not
to be included in a commercial product" thingies you could be a RICH boy!

Here's what he has...

          The 3d library and all associated software in this distribution
          is Copyright 1990 by Steven J. Ludtke. You have permission to
          use and/or modify this code for any purpose commercial or non-
          commercial with two conditions : I must be given credit in any
          distributed product's documentation, and if any part of this
          package is used in any commercial product (even Shareware) one
          free copy of said software must be sent to me at the following
          address : Steven Ludtke, 406 Yale Cir., Glenwood Springs, CO
          81601; all other royalties are waived. This Copyright notice
          must accompany any distributions of any part of this package,
          and in general, the package should be distributed intact, with
          no modifications. This notice must not be removed from the 3d.c,
          test.c, and cube.c source code in this release.

What do you say, does he get Manx 5.0 free?

Patrick Horgan                           phorgan@cup.portal.com