[comp.sys.amiga] ftp site for MSH

A_HINDS%HVRFORD.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (03/02/90)

        I've missed much of the discussion on MSH.  Could somebody tell me
where I can ftp it? (Assuming it is PD)  Also, what are some of the pitfalls
I should avoid when using it or setting it up?  Thanks.

Alexander Hinds
A_HINDS@HVRFORD

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/02/90)

In article <12668@baldrick.udel.EDU> A_HINDS%HVRFORD.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu writes:
> I've missed much of the discussion on MSH.  Could somebody tell me
> where I can ftp it?

Since it appeared in comp.binaries.amiga, it was archived.  You can
get it from xanth.cs.odu.edu in
	/usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume90/devices/msh-1.5/
or from other comp.binaries.amiga archive sites.
	...tad

owb@jt.dk (Owen Brotherwood) (03/14/90)

A_HINDS%HVRFORD.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu writes:

>        I've missed much of the discussion on MSH.  Could somebody tell me
>where I can ftp it? (Assuming it is PD)  Also, what are some of the pitfalls
>I should avoid when using it or setting it up?  Thanks.

>Alexander Hinds
>A_HINDS@HVRFORD

I just downloaded the binary for use-net yesterday, got it working and was
going to download the source today .... it disapeared from use-net amiga
source .... AARG!

The only pitfall in installing the binary I downloaded was the mountlist.
I created a device(thingy) called A: and set the unit to be 0 (df0:)
and then spent an hour trying to understand the error message (well it
didn't actually say it was an error): reserved not assigned when I tryed
to mount A:.

The missing line (of course) in mountlist is (I guessed 0, I hope it's right)
reserved = 0

From my now 4 hrs. experience with the program, the only problem is Amiga
1.3 dir which seems to think all the files on the disk are <DIR>.

Does the auther of MSH have a use-net address (auther, auther).

Owen Brotherwood
Denmark