[comp.sys.amiga] Maurader II Brain file - rip off

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/06/90)

In article <4395@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) writes:
> 	Marauder II is not PD -- it is a commercial program.  You have
> a pirated copy.

Personally I think the people that produced Marauder II are pirates.
I spent 45 dollars on their software with the understanding that new
brain files were going to be coming out on a regular basis.  When I
called them up to find out about new brain files I found out that they
were not producing them anymore.

dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dr. Mosh) (03/06/90)

In article <5200.25f28389@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>In article <4395@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) writes:
>> 	Marauder II is not PD -- it is a commercial program.  You have
>> a pirated copy.
>
>Personally I think the people that produced Marauder II are pirates.
>I spent 45 dollars on their software with the understanding that new
>brain files were going to be coming out on a regular basis.  When I
>called them up to find out about new brain files I found out that they
>were not producing them anymore.

In case you people haven't know, System Z is a pirate production...
So are the Light Circle Copiers...  After all, good pirates like to
write their own software...  I would suggest getting a copy program
that is actually advertised if you wanted something reliable...

-Dino Khoe
dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (03/06/90)

~ From: 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca Message-ID: <5200.25f28389@uwovax.uwo.ca>
~
~ Personally I think the people that produced Marauder II are pirates.
~ I spent 45 dollars on their software with the understanding that new
~ brain files were going to be coming out on a regular basis.  When I
~ called them up to find out about new brain files I found out that they
~ were not producing them anymore.

Agreed ! I bought Maurader II with brain file 7. It did do mostly what
I wanted it to do when I bought it but when it came time to update the
brain file they charged me a whopping 20 something dollars for a brain
file that was barely discernable from the previous one. The thing that
really made me angry with it was the fact that they included files in
their list that could be copied with diskcopy. Funny how they stopped
making brain files about the same time that they released Arkanoid !?!

--
 -------------------------------------------------//-------------------------
 (ames att sun)!pacbell! ----> sactoh0!pacengr!americ!erk     Multitasking,

rusty@fe2o3.UUCP (Rusty Haddock) (03/12/90)

In article <02502.AA02502@americ.UUCP> erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:
   >~ From: 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca Message-ID: <5200.25f28389@uwovax.uwo.ca>
   >~ Personally I think the people that produced Marauder II are pirates.
   >~ I spent 45 dollars on their software with the understanding that new
   >~ brain files were going to be coming out on a regular basis.
   >... Funny how they stopped
   >making brain files about the same time that they released Arkanoid !?!

Yes, and wasn't it real funny that there was never a brain file
would copy ANY of their own games??!?  Yes, that was about the time
that Discovery Software, International, after moving to Annapolis,
Maryland, decided that selling disk copying programs and riding
their high, holy anti-piracy horse would never bring in the cash
that games programs do.

			-Rusty-

P.S. Don't get me wrong.  I don't condone piracy! I just didn't like
DSI's holier-than-thou attitude.

--
Rusty Haddock		o  {uunet,rutgers}!mimsy.umd.edu!fe2o3!rusty
Laurel, Maryland	o  rusty%fe2o3@mimsy.umd.edu

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (03/15/90)

In article <02502.AA02502@americ.UUCP> erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:

>~ From: 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca Message-ID: <5200.25f28389@uwovax.uwo.ca>
>~
>~ Personally I think the people that produced Marauder II are pirates.
>~ I spent 45 dollars on their software with the understanding that new

     I bought Maurader I (millions of years ago) and sent in my card. I never
  heard from them again. I called them and they told me I wasn't on thier list
  and could get on without a card.

     In other words, they stopped using brain files long before they stopped
  making them.

     Oooh! Big suprise!

     Don White
     Box 271177 Concord, CA. 94527-1177