[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for progrom to read IBM Pee Cee format disks on Amiga

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (03/14/90)

Subject says it all, except its program, not progrom.--
Look Ma, no sig!

valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea) (03/14/90)

In article <1724@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:

>Subject says it all, except its program, not progrom.--
>Look Ma, no sig!

This article definitely does not belong in this newsgroup. It has been a long
time since the charter of this group has been posted, and unfortunately the
quality of posters has fallen dramatically since the group was first
created.

I wonder whether we should make this newsgroup moderated. Follow-ups to
comp.sys.amiga please.

Valentin
--
The Goddess of democracy? "The tyrants     Name:    Valentin Pepelea
may distroy a statue,  but they cannot     Phone:   (215) 431-9327

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (03/15/90)

In article <1724@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
>Subject says it all, except its program, not progrom.--
>Look Ma, no sig!

   There is one PD program that will do the job called MSH. A commercial
program (available for $17 from Abel) called CrossDos also does a good job.
It is available in demo form as PD (it only reads PC disks). Or you can buy
the older Dos to Dos program, but it is more finicky. I prefer CrossDos
myself. It and MSH are available via FTP or on Fish disks.

allen@grebyn.com (Allen Farrington) (03/15/90)

I have found DOS-2-DOS to be a very capable program.
It is commercial and not very expensive, ~$35(US).

I have not tried any other programs except those that
come with the 1.3 Workbench.  Then, again, these don't
work for me because I have only one floppy.

  --Allen

--