[comp.sys.amiga] a1000 and 1.4 The officia

dan.laskowski@canremote.uucp (DAN LASKOWSKI) (02/18/90)

 >Subj: a1000 and 1.4 The official release
 >Orga: University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
 >

 >   Can some please post the terms of this trade-in deal, and whether
 >it is  available here in Canada? Thanks.
 >
 >                                                Robert Birch

I called my Windsor dealer the other day. He said NO! ,omnly in the U.S.
He doesn't want my A1000 as a trade either!
---
 ~ EZ 1.24 ~
 ~ QNet 2.04: NorthAmeriNet Windsor Hub ~ Windsor Spitfire BBS ~ 519-735-1504 ~

4225_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/09/90)

In article <90030807281558@masnet.uucp>, dan.laskowski@canremote.uucp (DAN LASKOWSKI) writes:
>  >   Can some please post the terms of this trade-in deal, and whether
>  >it is  available here in Canada? Thanks.
>  >

> I called my Windsor dealer the other day. He said NO! ,omnly in the U.S.
> He doesn't want my A1000 as a trade either!

I don't know the exact terms, but there is an A1000 trade in policy in
CANADA.  The terms are very similiar to the american deal, but  the
prices are off the SUGGESTED LIST.  So you get 800-1000 of the List
price, but you are only saving 250-500 dollars depending on the machine
you buy.

userPUB1@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Scott Advani) (03/09/90)

In article <90030807281558@masnet.uucp>, dan.laskowski@canremote.uucp (DAN LASKOWSKI) writes:

> >   Can some please post the terms of this trade-in deal, and whether
> >it is  available here in Canada? Thanks.
> >

>I called my Windsor dealer the other day. He said NO! ,omnly in the U.S.
>He doesn't want my A1000 as a trade either!

Now, isn't THAT funny.  An Edmonton Commodore dealer has been more
than happy to take A1000 and upgrade them in accordance with this
upgrade offer from Commodore.  Your Windsor dealer doesn't know
what he's talking about!

-= Scott Advani =-

----------------------

a23@mindlink.UUCP (Joel Murray) (03/10/90)

> dan.laskowski writes:
>

> I called my Windsor dealer the other day. He said NO! ,omnly in the U.S.
> He doesn't want my A1000 as a trade either!
> ---
>  ~ EZ 1.24 ~
>  ~ QNet 2.04: NorthAmeriNet Windsor Hub ~ Windsor Spitfire BBS ~ 519-735-1504
> ~

I'd check with Commodore Canada.  Here in Vancouver, the trade-in deal _does_
exist.  Many ex-1000 owners have already taken advantage of it.

I don't have the details, but the trade-in costs are a little higher here than
those in the United States....

--
     //    ///         CIS: 73200,3117
   \X/oel ///urray  Usenet: a23@mindlink.UUCP

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (03/16/90)

Expires:
In article <90030807281558@masnet.uucp> dan.laskowski@canremote.uucp (DAN LASKOWSKI) writes:

> >Subj: a1000 and 1.4 The official release
> >Orga: University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
> >

> >   Can some please post the terms of this trade-in deal, and whether
> >it is  available here in Canada? Thanks.
> >
> >                                                Robert Birch
>

>I called my Windsor dealer the other day. He said NO! ,omnly in the U.S.
>He doesn't want my A1000 as a trade either!
>---
> ~ EZ 1.24 ~
> ~ QNet 2.04: NorthAmeriNet Windsor Hub ~ Windsor Spitfire BBS ~ 519-735-1504 ~

Funny, I checked with the official CBM dealer here in Winnipeg, and they are
offering the 1000 trade-in.  The way people have been talking about it
locally, it's not a *great* deal (something like A1000 + $1300 (Cdn) for
a A2000), but better than nothing.

     Daryl Turner
       <umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca>