[comp.sys.amiga] SKsh completion bug.

kosma%stc-sun@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) (03/16/90)

   From: Peter da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>
   Date: 9 Mar 90 19:07:57 GMT

   > The only reason I can see for doing shell expansions is to provide a
   > unix-like environment, which means you also need a bunch of unix-like
   > commands that expect the wildcards to be expanded.

   It also ensures that (a) you can be guaranteed that all programs will
   accept wildcards, (b) that all programs will use wildcards uniformly,
   and (c) that you can defeat the wildcarding easily and in a uniform manner.

   Quick, how do you tell a random Amiga program to use the file named "#?* *?#"?
   Does your version of grep use UNIX-style, DOS-style, Amiga-style, or ARP-style
   wildcards?
   --
    _--_|\  Peter da Silva <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.
   /      \

actually, my version of grep expects the shell to expand any wildcards for
it :-).

monty