[comp.sys.amiga] Vanilla SCSI Tape Drive Construction

AXTBF%ALASKA.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Tim Friest - Programmer/Analyst) (03/16/90)

A while ago I saw this message on INFO-APPLE which detailed how to build a
SCSI Tape backup unit for an Apple //.  I would like to build this unit and
use it for my Amiga but the only thing that is holding me back is
I don't want to have to write a SCSI driver to use it.

The Article went:

>From:          System Administrator <bobl@PRO-GRAPHICS.CTS.COM>
>Newsgroup:     Info-Apple
>Date:          Sun, 10 Sep 89 14:34:38 EST
>
>             Build Your Own Vanilla SCSI Tape Backup System
>
>                         by Dr. Kenneth Buchholz
>
>                    Box 430 RD#4, Washington NJ 07882

Equipment recommended
>     1 - 3M brand MCD-40 DM/SCSI tape unit
>     1 - case with 30 watt power supply & fan
>     1 - SCSI Interface Cable terminating in a DB-25 pin
>            connector on one end and Centronics-like 50-
>            pin connector on the other end
>     1 - Standard Power Cord
>     n - DC2000 40 meg (250') SCSI tape cartridges

Does anyone have drivers or backup programs which will allow me to use a setup
like this for my Amiga (A2090A or A2091)?

AXTBF@ALASKA.BITNET = Tim Friest

disclaimer: No warranties express or implied