[comp.sys.amiga] Questions about 2D and 3D

802360644%RUMAC%UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu (Angel Asencio) (03/16/90)

>From:  UPR1::IN%"maline@einstein.eds.com"  "Alan Maline" 12-MAR-1990 22:15:00.6
9
>Subj:  Amiga in CGW

>Wedged inbetween sections on the IBM/AT and MAC of a article on 2D
>animation in Computer Graphics World were these three paragraphs.

>Reprinted without permission of course:

>   Amiga computers have also proven to be excellent
>   platforms for creative imaging in real time.  These 68020-
>   and 68030 based computers have the inherent ability to
>   provide direct videotaping form the screen.  Thus, the hardware
>   has spawned numerous animation packages that focus on quick 2D
>   animation.

>   One such product is made by Oxxi Inc.  Oxxi offers Video Titler,
>   a program that can be used to create and edit video titles and
>   credits, as well as produce a range of related special effects.  Also
>   noteworthy is Oxxi's Animagic, a 2D cel-oriented andmation package
>   with video effects and such capabilities as metamorphosis and
>   interpolation (tweening).  The program can even play backward.

>   <And now the slam>

>   Superior titles can be made for video applications by using an
>   IBM PC/AT, a Targa or Vista board, and Inscriber software from
>   Image North Technologies.  What is particularly pleasing about this
>   software is that it renders perfect-quality fonts and offers a
>   generous variety of styles and effects.  Taking advantage of
>   the Vista boards's color table, it produces fast and simple color
>   cycling that can be made to run in real time (oooohhhh.) ...
>

>AAAaaarrrrrggggg

Double  AAAaaarrrrrggggg

Sorry to ask, but I'm new in amiga animation, but I know, that the amiga
is better machine in 2D and 3D, comparing with the IBM programs (I'm
wrong?).

BTW, Professional animation is a virgin field here in Puerto Rico, so:

A) I have an Amiga 500, Could you give me some advice of what to buy
to do modest animation and tranfer it to VCR. (I say modest because,
I'm a university student.)

B) If I take this serious (I mean, make this part of my gross income
after finish college), how much I could fee the second? I'm talking a
audience of more or less 3 millions.

                                   Thanks for your help,

                                           Angel  //
                                                \X/

>< all of my opinions were probably thought up by someone else before
>          anyways >
>--
>Alan Maline                          INTERNET: maline@einstein.eds.com
>Electronic Data Systems Corp.        PHONE: (313) 265-7082
>750 Tower Drive  P.O Box 7019           GM:   (8) 365-7082
>Troy, Michigan 48007-7019              FAX: (313) 265-5777

P.S.  with ">" were the Alan Maline letter.