[comp.sys.amiga] DAT

hue@netcom.UUCP (Jonathan Hue) (03/15/90)

In article <9003052237.AA01809@jade.berkeley.edu> cp@UKC.AC.UK writes:
>There will be a DAT ( Digital Audio Tape ) system for the Amiga 'out soon'.
>Developed by yours truly.... What that will do is give you Gbytes of storage,
>approx. 2.5 Gbytes.... Lots and lots of usages again....

Is this a DAT or 8mm tape?  If it is a DAT, you must be compressing the data
because a DAT holds 1.2GB.

-Jonathan

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (03/16/90)

In article <9003052237.AA01809@jade.berkeley.edu> cp@UKC.AC.UK writes:
>There will be a DAT ( Digital Audio Tape ) system for the Amiga 'out soon'.
>Developed by yours truly.... What that will do is give you Gbytes of storage,
>approx. 2.5 Gbytes.... Lots and lots of usages again....

On a related note has anybody seen or heard about the demise of the video
streamer VCR backup system. Sounded like a pretty good idea to me as the
VCR and the Amiga go together like boys and girls anyway.

--
 (ames att sun)!pacbell! ----> sactoh0!pacengr!americ!erk     Multitasking,