[comp.sys.amiga] Snap VS Cygnus Ed 2.0

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (03/06/90)

I can't seem to get snap to work with Cygnus Ed 2.0. Has anybody else had
this problem or an explanation, a work around ? I've got the latest version
of snap that was posted about a month ago and it works flawlessly with every-
thing else including Cygnus Ed 1.? .I've tried changing the qualifier key
for snap  but that doesn't help the problem.

Has anybody found a way to make these two get along ?

--
 -------------------------------------------------//-------------------------
 (ames att sun)!pacbell! ----> sactoh0!pacengr!americ!erk     Multitasking,

In <02510.AA02510@americ.UUCP>, erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:
>I can't seem to get snap to work with Cygnus Ed 2.0. Has anybody else had
>this problem or an explanation, a work around ? I've got the latest version
>of snap that was posted about a month ago and it works flawlessly with every-
>thing else including Cygnus Ed 1.? .I've tried changing the qualifier key
>for snap  but that doesn't help the problem.
>
>Has anybody found a way to make these two get along ?

Works fine for me. I am using Snap 1.4 (I think.. the latest anyway).. and it
will Snap from CEDpro 2.0

-larry

--
Entymology bugs me.

erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) (03/14/90)

>From: lphillips@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca (Larry Phillips) Message-ID: <1215@lpami.wimsey.bc.ca>
>>In <02510.AA02510@americ.UUCP>, erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:
>>I can't seem to get snap to work with Cygnus Ed 2.0. Has anybody else had

>Works fine for me. I am using Snap 1.4 (I think.. the latest anyway).. and it
>will Snap from CEDpro 2.0

I (blush) completely forgot that I changed the default font for Cygnus Ed.
Changing the font back to topaz 80 column repaired the problem. :-}

--
 -------------------------------------------------//-------------------------

In <1990Mar16.023048.4735@IRO.UMontreal.CA>, martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) writes:
>In article <02570.AA02570@americ.UUCP> erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:
>>
>>I (blush) completely forgot that I changed the default font for Cygnus Ed.
>>Changing the font back to topaz 80 column repaired the problem. :-}
>>

>   We are testing this software at our university for a 1 month period.
>On an amiga 2000, equipped with Nec3d and Flicker Fixer, CygnusED 2 PRO
>has problem when scrolling with the topaz 11 font in 704x456 format.
>The problem arise when scrolling with two files open at same time.
>
>   The sort of problems are: line truncated in height, inverse video lines
>(1 or 2 pixels height) displayed for no reasons.  The display is somtimes
>unreadable.
>
>   Any similar experience?  Is it me, the Flicker fixer, the use of interlace
>display with Ced, the font? ? ?

I normally run 704*472 with Topaz 8. I just now tried Topaz 11 in CEDPro 2.0
and reduced to 704*456. No problem at all when viewing multiple files and
scrolling.

-larry

--
Entomology bugs me.

martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) (03/16/90)

In article <02570.AA02570@americ.UUCP> erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons) writes:

>I (blush) completely forgot that I changed the default font for Cygnus Ed.
>Changing the font back to topaz 80 column repaired the problem. :-}

   We are testing this software at our university for a 1 month period.
On an amiga 2000, equipped with Nec3d and Flicker Fixer, CygnusED 2 PRO
has problem when scrolling with the topaz 11 font in 704x456 format.
The problem arise when scrolling with two files open at same time.

   The sort of problems are: line truncated in height, inverse video lines
(1 or 2 pixels height) displayed for no reasons.  The display is somtimes
unreadable.

   Any similar experience?  Is it me, the Flicker fixer, the use of interlace
display with Ced, the font? ? ?

   Dan.

--
    // Daniel Martin				Universite de Montreal   \\
   //  MediaLab, ca vous regarde!		C.P. 6128, Succursale A,  \\