[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Keyboard Extension?

kosma%stc-sun@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) (03/08/90)

   From: John 'Vlad' Adams <jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu>
   Date: 1 Mar 90 06:20:45 GMT

   I'd *LOVE* to move my 2000 off the desk.  However, that dern keyboard
   cord is too short!  Does anyone know of a good (read cheap) place
   to get a keyboard extension?  Thanks.
   --
   John  M.  Adams    --*--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!      ///
   Internet:  jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu     ///

midi cables look like they'd work, but you'd need a gender changer on one end...

kosma%stc-sun@stc.lockheed.com (Monty Kosma) (03/11/90)

   From: "David C. Albrecht" <toylnd!dca@AUSTIN.lasc-research.LOCKHEED.COM>
   Date: 2 Mar 90 06:56:40 GMT

   In article <22503@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
   > I'd *LOVE* to move my 2000 off the desk.  However, that dern keyboard
   > cord is too short!  Does anyone know of a good (read cheap) place
   > to get a keyboard extension?  Thanks.
   > --
   I got mine from Radio Shack.  I don't remember the part number but I think it
   was about $14.95.  It's a pretty standard IBM style keyboard connector.

   David Albrecht

after seeing the Radio Shack version (a fairly short cable at a very high
price), I happened to be in a big electronics shop in Burbank and saw a
similar cable, but for about $6.  I wouldn't buy from Radio Shmuck if it
can be helped.

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (03/12/90)

  I'm well-acquainted with making serial/parallel cables, but I am trying
now to network some computers/printers together with modular phone cables.
I have it pretty much figured out, but could someone elighten me as to the
difference between RJ-11 and RJ-45 cable before I actually purchase anything.
Is this a difference in pin-outs or type of wire??  My plan is to put
together a 'patch bay' which could be manually switched as needed.
                            Julie (LadyHawke@cup.portal.com)

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (03/16/90)

   Well, since my previous post, I figured out (I think) that RJ-45 is
8 conductors and RJ-11 is 4 or 6 conductors.  In the process I also found
out about low capacitance cables, plenum, pvc, etc.  So thanks, if anyone
had thought about replying.   :)              Julie (LadyHakwe)