[comp.sys.amiga] Self-Dearchiving

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (03/16/90)

Yes, you COULD hide a trojan horse in the dearchiving code.  BUT,
is there not moderation on the areas where such archivers are
available?  In other words, is anything posted to an FTP site
or to .binaries that isn't tested first?  Seems to me this is
an excellent way to make sure such a trojan horse wouldn't
get too far....

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (814) 862-8630 ||  "This town needs an enema."        ||
|| 600 E. Pollock Rd., #5705   ||                   - Joker, "Batman" ||
|| State College, PA 16801      --------------------------------------||
||   jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  or  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu                    ||
||        or  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1           QLink: KurtTappe  ||

dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dr. Mosh) (03/16/90)

In article <90074.233013JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
>Yes, you COULD hide a trojan horse in the dearchiving code.  BUT,
>is there not moderation on the areas where such archivers are
>available?  In other words, is anything posted to an FTP site
[trimmed]

Yes, but a lot of public domain/shareware also goes around on un-moderated
BBS's and sometimes even disks through public domain/shareware vendors...

-Dino Khoe
Dr. of Moshology 		 |	|   | /  \  /\ |/     Any system
dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu 		 |	|---||____||   |\     can be
New Mexico Tech Computer Science |	|   ||    | \/ | \    cracked...