[comp.sys.amiga] AMAX and hard drives.

STU00@vx.acss.umn.edu (Stuart Stanley) (09/08/89)

Net,

    I have, on lone, a friends AMAX Mac emulator.  I also have a hard
disk.  While I know it is not yet possible to set up virtual drives, I
have heard that there is a program that "sets a side" a section of your
hard drive that can be formatted as a Mac drive.

Two questions:

	1)  Is this just a rumor?

	2)  If not, where/from whom is this available?

    Thank you for your time.

						Stuart Stanley

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/26/90)

Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
controller.

john

amiga@uwo.ca

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (02/26/90)

In article <5079.25e81591@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
>AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
>controller.
>amiga@uwo.ca

Last time I heard it was a commercial package...
Which means, if you do find it, don't use it!
Go to your local dealer -- he's sure to want to sell it to you! :)

David Navas                                   navas@cory.berkeley.edu
"Think you can, think you can't -- either way it's true."  Henry Ford

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/27/90)

In article <22420@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) writes:
> In article <5079.25e81591@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>>Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
>>AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
>>controller.
>
> Last time I heard it was a commercial package...
> Which means, if you do find it, don't use it!
> Go to your local dealer -- he's sure to want to sell it to you! :)

The Amiga Sentry, Volume 3, Issue 1, page 36
refers to this software as a shareware program,
which asks for a $15 contribution.

john
.

871579l@aucs.uucp (Todd Lowe) (03/01/90)

In article <5079.25e81591@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
>AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
>controller.
>
>john

The AMAX/TRUMPCard software is commercial :-( .
IVS told me it is available from any dealer selling IVS products fo
about $120.

-Todd
871579l@aucs

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (03/01/90)

In article <5094.25e9bee2@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>In article <22420@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) writes:
>> In article <5079.25e81591@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>>>Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
>>>AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
>> Last time I heard it was a commercial package...
>The Amiga Sentry, Volume 3, Issue 1, page 36
>refers to this software as a shareware program,
>which asks for a $15 contribution.

Woops -- seems I made a bo-boo.  We are talking of two different packages, it seems.

There is a shareware package that allows usage of IVS controller for AMAX,
and a costware [? :)] package to allow a shared Amiga/Mac environment on the
same harddrive.

4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/01/90)

In article <1990Feb28.163358.1274@aucs.uucp>, 871579l@aucs.uucp (Todd Lowe) writes:

> The AMAX/TRUMPCard software is commercial :-( .
> IVS told me it is available from any dealer selling IVS products fo
> about $120.
>
> -Todd
> 871579l@aucs

OUCH!!!     ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY bucks just to be able to use my
hard drive with AMAX!!!!

Does anyone know why AMIGA SENTRY magazine wrote that it was a
shareware product asking for a FIFTEEN dollar contribution?

Could someone out in net land who actually uses a Hard Drive with AMAX
please step forward and tell us how much they had to pay for this
software.

john

dca@toylnd.UUCP (David C. Albrecht) (03/02/90)

In article <22420@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) writes:
> In article <5079.25e81591@uwovax.uwo.ca> 4223_5105@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
> >Does any one know where I can FTP the program that enables
> >AMAX to use a harddrive with the IVS trumpcard SCSI
> >controller.

> Last time I heard it was a commercial package...
> Which means, if you do find it, don't use it!
> Go to your local dealer -- he's sure to want to sell it to you! :)

That's funny, last I heard they had released it to the public domain for
the obvious reason that it only works with the trumpcard controller
(uses the same SCSI chip as the MAC) and they want to sell more controllers.

David Albrecht

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (03/17/90)

     I have the Trumpcard, though I don't have AMAX and don't plan to
get one.  But, I believe the necessary software is on the TCBootUtils disk
the card came with.