[comp.sys.amiga] Demise of MicroIllusions

I've received enough personal e-mail messages, that a general response
might be in order. Notice that I'm NO SPOKESPERSON for ANY of the compnaies
mentioned (including OXXI), so if you need more details, please contact
the individual companies directly.

MicroIllusions went belly up a few weeks ago. OXXI has picked up one of their
products, PhotonPaint, and hired its programmer on their full time staff.
Mike Berro's products are up for grabs (OXXI nixed at the up-front money
he requested) [this includes his never released SMPTE product]. David Joiner's
MUSIX-X is also up for grabs.  The owner of MicroIllusions is working with
what is left of MI on the back of KJ Computers. Most of the above is second
hand, and might be completely untrue :-)

-- Marco
"Xerox sues somebody for copying?" -- David Letterman

riley@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Daniel S. Riley) (03/18/90)

In article <23377@usc.edu> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
>I've received enough personal e-mail messages, that a general response
>might be in order. Notice that I'm NO SPOKESPERSON for ANY of the compnaies
>mentioned (including OXXI), so if you need more details, please contact
>the individual companies directly.

This is good advice.  If you need to know, call the companies directly.

>MicroIllusions went belly up a few weeks ago. OXXI has picked up one of their
>products, PhotonPaint, and hired its programmer on their full time staff.
>Mike Berro's products are up for grabs (OXXI nixed at the up-front money
>he requested) [this includes his never released SMPTE product]. David Joiner's
>MUSIX-X is also up for grabs.  The owner of MicroIllusions is working with
>what is left of MI on the back of KJ Computers. Most of the above is second
>hand, and might be completely untrue :-)

On BIX Mike Berro claims that it's actually "92% untrue."  David Joiner
also said "Well, I'm still getting paid..."  I gather that MicroIllusions
did go through something of a forced reorganization around the beginning
of the year.  Jim Steinert, president of MI, issued a statment on Jan. 5
saying that MI would open for business as usual Jan. 8.  I haven't seen
any official announcements since then, but Mike Berro and David Joiner
seem to still talk about MI in the present tense, so news of their
demise may be somewhat exaggerated.

None of this should be construed as any sort of official statement, and
I have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned.  If you
want an official statement, call MicroIllusions.

-Dan Riley (riley@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University