[comp.sys.amiga] A1500: more details + ADDRESS!

zmacv14@doc.ic.ac.uk (C P Brown) (03/16/90)

For all those who requested more info on the A1500 further to my earlier
posting, sorry but I can't mail over the pond (I'm not allowed). So here is
an article which answers all questions I have been asked so far.

The case is pressed steel, colour matched to A500.
The second internal floppy can be most types, simply remove external cover. If
it has a power supply then this may cause installation problems depending on
the size. The connector is inside the case, made by adding a 'T' connector to
the DF0 connector to allow the addition of DF1.
A blanking plate for DF0 is provided.
Power supplies remain outside the case for ventilation purposes. It may be
possible to put them inside manually but this is not an integral part of the
design.
The case extrudes at the back further on the top than at the bottom, and the
ports are slightly recessed. This means that you can jam the A1500 right up
against a wall, and cable coming out the back have enough room to be bent
around to come out the sides.

__________ A   This is a side view.
     ____| L
_____|     L   <- The cables come out the side here.
  D E S K

Finally, the A1500 is made by:

Checkmate Systems Limited
80 Mildmay Park
London N1 4PR
Telephone 01 923 0658
Fax       01 254 1655

I have nothing at all to do with this company, but I shall be buying one of
their units. They have received 300 calls in 5 days since announcing it, and
are sending out priority order forms to select people to cope with the
backlog of expected orders.

*flame on*

Please can we have a bit less rumour / counter rumour and misinformation in
c.s.a. All I seem to read about is various opinions on the A3000, the
Infinity Machine and expected A1000 compatibility problems. Please can we
confine new hardware announcements until the genuine article has been seen
or made available to the public, not simple speculation thinly veiled as
information.

*flame off*

Thanks for reading this,

Phil Brown

4223_5266@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/18/90)

In article <1733@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk>, zmacv14@doc.ic.ac.uk (C P Brown) writes:
> *flame on*
>
> Please can we have a bit less rumour / counter rumour and misinformation in
> c.s.a. All I seem to read about is various opinions on the A3000, the
> Infinity Machine and expected A1000 compatibility problems. Please can we
> confine new hardware announcements until the genuine article has been seen
> or made available to the public, not simple speculation thinly veiled as
> information.
>
> *flame off*
>
> Thanks for reading this,
>
> Phil Brown

But that would take all the fun out of it.

:-)