[comp.sys.amiga] c.b.a. too much?

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (03/19/90)

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) wrote:

>Did someone change the name to comp.binaries.amiga.SERIOUS_work_only ?
>I, personally, might be interested in programs from just about any catagory.
>Games included   : )
>What IS your problem ? Are you a sysop complaining about your phone bills, or
>do you just HATE to have to scroll through all those listings on the screen.
>So what are you proposing ? "Oh, only 15% of the readers will use package x,
>so let's not let them have it..." If you can't deal with the phone bills,
>unsubscribe to the group, and phone a BBS and download only what you want.

OK, you folks are right. I posted this message in a strange mood, looking
at my phone bill (I'm just a student, and phoning is like everything else
expensive in Switzerland) and reading some messages written by friends of
mine complaining about exactly the same. Since I got no "you're right"
messages, I think the net doesn't mind all those binaries and when I have
a closer look at Empire I have to admit that I was wrong :-)
I just felt like looking how you felt about this.

So just forget that posting.

--
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com