[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Video system for sale.

Complete A2000 System for sale, includes:

	Hardware:

		Amiga 2000 with 8 Megabyte RAM Expansion
		2 Floppies
		40 Meg Hard Drive
		flickerFixer
		Framegrabber 256
		Panasonic WV-1500 Camera with a variable iris lens
		Copy stand and lights

	Software:

		WordPerfect
		Transcript
		Professional Page (V1.3)
		Professional Draw
		Pixmate
		Pageflipper FX
		Pagerender 3D
		Deluxe Paint 3
		ProPage Templates
		ProPage Clip Art
		EClips
		SuperBack
		Grabbit
		Several Games
		Several Amigo Times disks
		Several AmigaWorld Tool Box disks

All software and equipment is latest version and originals with
original documentation.

Mail order price for this system is over $5500.00,
     selling for $3600.00.

--

fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu (03/13/90)

In article <10124@cbmvax.commodore.com>, daveh@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dave Haynie) writes:
> Complete A2000 System for sale, includes:
	[Description of fairly nice 2000 deleted]
What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
system cheap?
	Charlie Fineberg	fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (03/13/90)

> In article <10124@cbmvax.commodore.com>, daveh@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dave Haynie) writes:
>> Complete A2000 System for sale, includes:
> 	[Description of fairly nice 2000 deleted]
> What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
> system cheap?

It means he's probably got a prototype of the Amiga 4000 with a 68050
and 24-bit HDTV video chips sitting on his desk :-).

				--M
--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi@sgi.com

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (03/13/90)

In article <2504.25fc556a@wums.wustl.edu> fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu writes:
>What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
>system cheap?

It means the '030 is getting very close...

:-)

--
J. Eric Townsend
University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics (713) 749-2120

In article <2504.25fc556a@wums.wustl.edu> fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu writes:
>In article <10124@cbmvax.commodore.com>, daveh@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dave Haynie) writes:
>> Complete A2000 System for sale, includes:
>	[Description of fairly nice 2000 deleted]

>What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
>system cheap?

It doesn't mean I'm selling a computer system -- I'm not.  What it does mean:

	[A] Greg Berlin's brother has decided he doesn't have time to learn how
	    to use his system.
	[B] Greg Berlin's brother is out of money.  He doesn't like to be.
	[C] Greg Berlin's brother recently got access to a $10k scanner for a
	    PClown at work, and won't bother with [A].

In any case, the post was for Berlin's brother, and followups were actually sent
to Berlin here in West Chester.  In case I forgot, the home number for the brother
(I forget which, there are lots of Berlin brothers, all of them are big and mean)
is (215)558-1247.

My system is far faster, with much more hard disk, but I don't have all the cool
video stuff.  And it's not for sale.
--
Dave Haynie Commodore-Amiga (Systems Engineering) "The Crew That Never Rests"
                    Too much of everything is just enough

In article <1990Mar13.152941.20641@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>In article <2504.25fc556a@wums.wustl.edu> fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu writes:
>>What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
>>system cheap?

>It means the '030 is getting very close...

I've actually had an '030 system at home since about April of '88.  The original A2630,
which breaks with a few things, but still actually works.  I did replace it with a real
A2630 last fall, and keep the original one for shows and things (only one Rev 1 and one
Rev 2 ever made -- Randell Jesup got the Rev 2 when I was moving on to the Rev 3 design).

But that's got nothing to do with the post.  That was for Greg Berlin's brother's system.
My system, A2630, A2090A, memory, lots of HD, and the occasional program, is well and fine
and living in South Jersey.  No plans to sell, though I have had several offers suggesting
what I might do with that system when I get a replacement from Commodore...

--

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (03/16/90)

 > What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
 > system cheap?

Maybe he bought a new '386 clone?

(Gad, what if someone takes me seriously!)

I didn't say this.  The internet line-eater hiccuped and put my name up
there!

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (03/16/90)

In article <14012@snow-white.udel.EDU>, jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones,
III) says:

> > What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
> > system cheap?
>
>Maybe he bought a new '386 clone?

Hey, you may be closer than you think!  Commodore just released
their PC60-III, a 25 MHz '386 clone with 2 megs standard, super
VGA on the board, and either an 80 or 200 meg HD built in.

>(Gad, what if someone takes me seriously!)

I didn't.  The machine exists, but Dave is devoted to us Ami nuts.  ;-)

>I didn't say this.  The internet line-eater hiccuped and put my name up
>there!

Yeah, and my entire post has been a VERY highly unlikely series of
random finger muscle spasms.    :-)
                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (814) 862-8630 ||  "This town needs an enema."        ||
|| 600 E. Pollock Rd., #5705   ||                   - Joker, "Batman" ||
|| State College, PA 16801      --------------------------------------||
||   jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  or  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu                    ||
||        or  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1           QLink: KurtTappe  ||

hue@netcom.UUCP (Jonathan Hue) (03/16/90)

In article <10145@cbmvax.commodore.com> daveh@cbmvax (Dave Haynie) writes:
>>>What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
>>>system cheap?
>That was for Greg Berlin's brother's system.

It means we should all be glad Dave doesn't go work somewhere else because
he's tired of having Amiga World and freshman Comp Sci. students telling
him how to design hardware.

-Jonathan

sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu (Steve Morris) (03/17/90)

In article <2504.25fc556a@wums.wustl.edu> fineberg_c@wums.wustl.edu writes:
>> Complete A2000 System for sale, includes:
>	[Description of fairly nice 2000 deleted]
>What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
>system cheap?

Perhaps it means that he needs money to by his, 3000 system.
Coming RSN to an amiga dealer near you.

Steven Morris
sjm@sun.acs.udel.edu
University of Delaware - Instructional Television

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:

> > What does it mean when Dave Haynie decides to sell a fairly nice 2000
> > system cheap?

>Maybe he bought a new '386 clone?

No. It means that he has the new Amiga, 3- er.. 4000, no., 5000 now!
yea, that's the ticket! It has 5! count 'em, 5! 68050 CPU's in one!
And the government is buying one to control NORAD, too. And the
educational discount price is $10, and they are giving $100 trad-in
on your old amiga 2000, So if you buy one by April 1st, you not only
get a great new machine, but a rebate check for $90.

(PS, it also has a new Nintendo emulator built in, is portable [fits in
your wallet], and comes with the new Amiga data suit and eyephones.)

[Yep it's that time of year again ;-)]

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406