[comp.sys.amiga] Lo-res to hi-res Workbench???

allen@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Allen Norskog) (03/16/90)

I would like to know how one can get the Workbench to switch to a
400 line screen from a 200 line screen without having to reboot.

Basically, I would like my machine to boot up with no interlace (no flicker),
but for the times I'm programming, I would like to go to a screen with
more lines, so I can get more text displayed in my windows.

Another alternative would be to create a custom hi-res screen -- but how do
I easily get CLI or edit windows to pop up on the custom screen?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Allen Norskog
allen_n@hpfcla.HP.COM
...!hplabs!hpfcla!allen_n

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (03/20/90)

In article <17190004@hpfcdj.HP.COM> allen@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Allen Norskog) writes:
>I would like to know how one can get the Workbench to switch to a
>400 line screen from a 200 line screen without having to reboot.

I have not done this, but I have had it reported that if you close the workbench
screen (meaning there must not be any windows open on it except for drawers and
disk icons), change the preferences, and reopen the workbench, it will do the
trick.  I remember a program to do this coming over the net several years ago.
			    -- Darren

bscott@pikes.Colorado.EDU (Ben M Scott) (03/20/90)

There are at least two programs that do this: WBLace and LaceWB.  (clever names,
eh?)  WBLace didn't work too well for me, though LaceWB does a fine job.  It
handles having windows open on the WB screen, and will actually MOVE or RESIZE
them if necessary (even a CLI)!  I don't know if these are on Fish disks or
anything, but it should be around someplace.  It even works in PAL mode (when
I run a program to make my Amiga run in PAL).

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

|  Someday, I'm going to make up a clever .sig file like everyone else has... |