[comp.sys.amiga] Assembler for Amiga

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (03/15/90)

In article <3780@plains.UUCP> robbins@plains.UUCP (Wacko) writes:

>If anyone out there knows of a great assembler for the Amiga I could
>certainly use it.  If you can send it to me or information of where
>I can obtain it.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

     To blow my own horn a little, there's always A68k.  It's
compatible with the Metacomco assembler and twice as fast.
Version 2.42 is pretty solid, and can be found on Fish disk #186.
If you have access to newer Fish disks, check disk #314 for version
2.61, which is the latest so far.  Both versions come with source.
If you don't have access to the Fish library, send me a blank disk at

        Charlie Gibbs
        2121 Rindall Avenue
        Port Coquitlam, B.C.
        Canada
        V3C 1T9

and I'll return it with the latest version of A68k plus a few
other goodies like my Z-80 CP/M emulator.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
I'm looking for the stationery department but they keep moving it.

robbins@plains.UUCP (Wacko) (03/15/90)

robbins@plains.nodak.edu    (WACKO)      Chuck

4203_5257@uwovax.uwo.ca (03/16/90)

In article <1308@mindlink.UUCP>, a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) writes:
> In article <3780@plains.UUCP> robbins@plains.UUCP (Wacko) writes:
>
>>If anyone out there knows of a great assembler for the Amiga I could
>>certainly use it.  If you can send it to me or information of where
>>I can obtain it.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
>
>      To blow my own horn a little, there's always A68k.  It's
> compatible with the Metacomco assembler and twice as fast.
> Version 2.42 is pretty solid, and can be found on Fish disk #186.
> If you have access to newer Fish disks, check disk #314 for version
> 2.61, which is the latest so far.  Both versions come with source.

Has anyone found ff314 at an ftp site yet?  I've checked around a bit, but I
can't seem to find it.  Mrcnext has up to ff320, with the exception of 314!

+--------------------------+----------------------------+---------------------+
| Steve van der Burg       |``...she may blow your mind |  Svan@uwovax.uwo.ca |
| Univ. of Western Ontario | like an old transistor...''| Home: (519)472-6686 |
| London, Ontario, Canada  |       -- Michelle Shocked  |                     |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+---------------------+

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (03/21/90)

In article <3780@plains.UUCP> robbins@plains.UUCP (Wacko) writes:

>If anyone out there knows of a great assembler for the Amiga I could
>certainly use it.  If you can send it to me or information of where
>I can obtain it.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

ASDG has signed on as the exclusive North American distributor of Argonaut
Software's ArgASM. That assembler is said to be the fastest assembler ever
produced for a 680X0 based machine. We have been using it here for evalua-
tion purposes and have found it to be extremely quick.

I've run it in parallel with TEXing a 250 page manual and still gotten over
80,000 lines per minute on a stock 68000 processor.

The produce will be available (including its integral editor, ArgED) RSN in
North America from us. List price is set at $99.95. ArgASM will be extended
to fully support assemblies directly through ram in conjunction with CEDPro
Release 2.

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry