[comp.sys.amiga] Help on Shadow of the Beast

djh@dragon.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (03/17/90)

Does anybody know how to get past the red rhino-lizard monster at the end
of the second wave? I've found the Power Punch, but can't seem to get
enough hits on the thing to kill it off what with the stalagmites rising
out of the ground and all. Are there any uses for the two keys up to this
point? There doesn't seem to be any way to get out of the dungeon and
back up to ground level to try 'em out at the well.

Ciao,
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
+============================================================================+
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

wakres01@pa.usl.edu (Stelly John B) (03/21/90)

In article <1059@metaphor.Metaphor.COM> djh@dragon.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:

>Does anybody know how to get past the red rhino-lizard monster at the end
>of the second wave? I've found the Power Punch, but can't seem to get
>enough hits on the thing to kill it off what with the stalagmites rising
You must have the power puch to kill this guy.  All I can say is get there with
alot of strength, kneel down right in front of the rhino beast and keep punch-
ing, you'll eventually kill it - at that point you'll use one of the keys to
get out of the well, and back up to the ground level which answers your next
question.  BTW- when you get out, pass up those piles of stone until they've
scrolled off of the left side of the screen, then go back and puch them.
You'll get more strength than punching them the first time you see them.

(You don't use the second key until after you've completed the castle ---
It gets you into the graveyard - and that's all I'll say !)

>out of the ground and all. Are there any uses for the two keys up to this
>point? There doesn't seem to be any way to get out of the dungeon and
>back up to ground level to try 'em out at the well.
>
>Ciao,
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
>| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
>| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
>| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
>| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
>| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

PS-I've gotten to the end of the game, but I can't kill the last guy.  I showed
a friend how to get there, and he killed him - boy was I MAD!!

John B Stelly III wakres01@pa.usl.edu