[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.05 say 5.04

young@wglen.UUCP (Randy Young) (03/20/90)

Sorry about the the previous empty posting

I have just completed the 5.05 patch to Lattice 5.04.  The patches seemed to
run proper, no errors reported. When I compile it still says version 5.04
not version 5.05.  Is this my problem or is it Lattices?  The disk I have for
version 5.04 is the plain labled disk.  Is the version number supposed to
change.

Thanks in advance
Randy Young

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (03/21/90)

It is my understanding that the driver program (LC) has not
changed, and will therefore still report V5.04. This is standard
practice for Lattice, I think, which is why they ask you to run
phase-1 directly (LC1) to verify version numbers.

mwm@raven.pa.dec.com (Mike (Real Amiga have keyboard garages) Meyer) (03/21/90)

In article <28@wglen.UUCP> young@wglen.UUCP (Randy Young) writes:

   I have just completed the 5.05 patch to Lattice 5.04.  The patches seemed to
   run proper, no errors reported. When I compile it still says version 5.04
   not version 5.05.

lc still says 5.04 after the upgrade - it didn't get changed. lc1 and
lc2 should say 5.05 - they got changed.

If you've got the broken 5.04 disk, then the patches to lc1, lc2 &
lc1b will fail, and they will all say 5.04. The patch will also have
stopped very early on, having actually patched nothing.

	<mike

--
Come all you rolling minstrels,				Mike Meyer
And together we will try,				mwm@relay.pa.dec.com

chrisl@caen.engin.umich.edu (Chris Lang) (03/21/90)

In article <428@oregon.oacis.org> jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) writes:
>It is my understanding that the driver program (LC) has not
>changed, and will therefore still report V5.04. This is standard
>practice for Lattice, I think, which is why they ask you to run
>phase-1 directly (LC1) to verify version numbers.

I believe you are correct.  Additionally, yesterday on BIX Lattice announced
that the 5.05 patch that works with both versions of 5.04 is available for
download.  I presume it's also on their BBS.  Good news for those of us with
"bad" 5.04 patches who can't wait any longer for the disks...

 -Chris
--
Chris Lang, University of Michigan, College of Engineering    +1 313 763 1832
      4622 Bursley, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109          chrisl@caen.engin.umich.edu

jac@muslix.llnl.gov (James Crotinger) (03/22/90)

  Only lc1(b) and lc2 were patched, not lc, so lc still reports 5.04.

    Jim