[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga & SCSI Tape drive.

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (03/20/90)

Hi!

 I'm looking for a public domain or cheap SCSI tape controller for the amiga
and 2090A controller to drive a Mac SCSI tape drive. I don't know the drive
type, but has anyone seen a public domain package that will let you hook
a tape drive to the controller? Source code would be nice too!

Hamish Marson.

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (03/22/90)

In article <241.26062e95@waikato.ac.nz> hamish@waikato.ac.nz writes:

> I'm looking for a public domain or cheap SCSI tape controller for the amiga
>and 2090A controller to drive a Mac SCSI tape drive. I don't know the drive
>type, but has anyone seen a public domain package that will let you hook
>a tape drive to the controller? Source code would be nice too!

    I second that. I recently saw some Mac 40 Meg SCSI tape drives at a local
electronics store for $129. I have been wanting to get one, but know that I
can't do the software driver needed. I would like to connect it to the
connector on the rear of the A2091 board in my new A2000. Being able to
backup the entire 40M hard drive on one tape would be nice. Even nicer if it
could be done as a background task while I was doing something else.
					Terry