[comp.sys.amiga] PEOPLELINK

cjs@sppy00.UUCP (Christopher Schaller) (02/15/90)

Does anyone know where I can get the Phone number to PEOPLELINK BBS!.
any info will be appreciated.
			      thanks.
				   Chris..

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (02/15/90)

In article <713@sppy00.UUCP> cjs@sppy00.UUCP (Christopher Schaller) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get the Phone number to PEOPLELINK BBS!.
>any info will be appreciated.
>			      thanks.
>				   Chris..

People/Link signup info:
  by voice - 1-800-524-0100, 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, Central time
  by modem - 1-800-826-8855, 24 hours daily, 300/1200/2400 baud.

Harv
Plink: CBM*HARV

cjs@sppy00.UUCP (Christopher Schaller) (03/02/90)

Hello people.
I was attepting to logon to PEOPLELINK last night, so I could apply
for membership. I was using the Handshake terminal software.
The pamphlet they sent me told me to set my modem setting to 7 data bits,
one stop bit (I think), no parity, and full DUPLEX.
What is DUPLEX. sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have little
telecommunications experience. Will I be able to access PEOPLELINK
using the Handshake software or do I need some other terminal emulation
program?
Please help!!!
			 Thankyou.
			       Chris Schaller.

consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett L. Kessler) (03/02/90)

In article <735@sppy00.UUCP> cjs@sppy00.UUCP (Christopher Schaller) writes:
>The pamphlet they sent me told me to set my modem setting to 7 data bits,
>one stop bit (I think), no parity, and full DUPLEX.
>What is DUPLEX....

Duplex is the setting that determines if your modem can receive and
send information at the same time (Full) or only one at a time (Half).
I'm pretty sure that there is a duplex setting in HandShake, but I'm
not positive.  Check under the terminal settings menu.

>...sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have little
>telecommunications experience. Will I be able to access PEOPLELINK
>using the Handshake software or do I need some other terminal emulation
>program?

As far as PLink is concerned, you can use handshake, but it's going to
be a big hassle when you download.  I suggest getting a program that
can handle the WXMODEM (Windowed-XModem) transfer protocol.  It's much
faster than XModem (and is just as reliable, if not more so).

If you don't want a commercial program, I'd suggest using JrComm 0.94a
(the latest shareware version).  Use HandShake when you need
VT-terminal compatability (ie: VAX, VM, SUN, etc.), and JrComm for
everything else.  It's kept me going for a couple o' years now!

+-------///-------------------| BRETT KESSLER |-------------------\\\-------+
|      ///      E-Mail to: consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu      \\\      |
|     ///        or try: consp11@bingsuns.pod.binghamton.edu        \\\     |
| \\\///               and to: consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET               \\\/// |
|  \XX/                  or on PeopleLink: B.KESSLER                  \XX/  |

derek.clarke@canremote.uucp (Derek Clarke) (03/22/90)

Hello there... I read you telecomm article in Amigo Times 1.5.. About
PCPursuit... Neat!!!
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1a
 ~ QNet 2.02: Track 36 BBS The Commodore Support Group (416)-549-1916