[comp.sys.amiga] AmiExpo: news on A3000 ????

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann) (03/22/90)

I went to AmiExpo in D.C. Saturday & Sunday, but there was not a clue about
new WB or the Amiga 3000. Commodore didn't even have a booth, but they did
have several representatives answering questions, but they were  realy only
dealing with marketing stategies and how Commodore got where it is now.
GVP had some incredible accelerator boards to show off, and I think one guy
there said that an A2000 with their 68030-33MHz board would rival any
Commodore Accelerator, even if both used the same chip & speed.
I heard the new WB would have a better graphics mode, but it would be limited
to 4 colors and that ARexx & bootDrawer would be built in. The WB2.0 will
require new ROMs that can be replaced in the A500 & 2X00s, but not the A1000
although a 3rd. party company makes an adapter for it.

 ProLine: danb20@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!danb20
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!danb20@nosc.mil
Internet: danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com