[comp.sys.amiga] CBM in Federal market

schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil (Jeffrey M. Schweiger) (03/23/90)

In article <1964@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil> nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:

>I thought I read somewhere that CBM was at a government expo this week, called
>something like FOCE '90 (I think "Federal Office and Computer Equipment Expo").
>Or was that NewTek, or was it NewTek that was going to be at NAB (which makes
>senses to me, although they both should be). Laura Longfellow was at AmiExpo
>which was good enough for me!

It's FOSE'90 that they'll be exhibiting at.  Also CBM took a full page add in
March 19, 1990 edition of Federal Computer week putting the 2500/30 up against
the Sun 3/80 and the Apple Mac IIcx.  The ad starts off with very large, bold
letters stating "WHEN GOVERNMENT REALLY WORKS ON A 3-BID SYSTEM, WHO WINS?"

(Now if there were only an Ada compiler  :-)  ).

Jeff Schweiger
Jeff Schweiger	  CompuServe:  74236,1645	Standard Disclaimer
ARPAnet (Defense Data Network):		        schweige@cs.nps.navy.mil