[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice C or Lattice C Pr

darrell.grainger@canremote.uucp (DARRELL GRAINGER) (03/03/90)

 I work at a retail store. We ordered "Lattice Professional" which was
$100 more then Lattice C 5.0 for the Amiga. What we received was Lattice
5.0 for the Amiga. If you are ordering "Lattice Professional" from Phase
Four then you are paying $100 too much for no good reason.

Darrell
---
 ~ Via ProDoor 3.2aR

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (03/16/90)

I didn't think Lattice had the "Professional" package anymore. When
we introduced that there was a base package that was just a compiler,
assembler, linker, and librarian. The "Professional" was a bundle of
all the other Lattice utilities (screen editor, debugger, text utilities,
etc). With V5.0 all of these things are included anyway.
Was this Lattice that was offering the "Professional" package for
$100 more, or the retailer?

walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker) (03/22/90)

In article <420@oregon.oacis.org> jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) writes:

>I didn't think Lattice had the "Professional" package anymore. When
>we introduced that there was a base package that was just a compiler,
>assembler, linker, and librarian. The "Professional" was a bundle of
>all the other Lattice utilities (screen editor, debugger, text utilities,
>etc). With V5.0 all of these things are included anyway.
>Was this Lattice that was offering the "Professional" package for
>$100 more, or the retailer?

John is correct - there is no such thing as 'Lattice Professional'.  It's
ALL professional.  Every 5.x package includes the stuff that used to be
included with Lattice Professional.  If your retailer is still advertising
Lattice Professional, he/she needs to update the ad.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)382-8265 =
 *|. o.| ||                                NOTE NEW BBS NUMBER!^^^^^^^^
  | o  |//     Got mole problems?  Call Avogadro: 602-1023!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker

perley@trub.crd.ge.com (Donald P Perley) (03/23/90)

In article <1635@sas.UUCP>, walker@sas (Doug Walker) writes:

>John is correct - there is no such thing as 'Lattice Professional'.  It's
>ALL professional.  Every 5.x package includes the stuff that used to be
>included with Lattice Professional.  If your retailer is still advertising
>Lattice Professional, he/she needs to update the ad.

Or they should update their inventory.  When I see those ads, I assume they
are selling an old version.  I have recently seen the original maxiplan
version in stores, complete with maxiplan plus upgrade coupon. Act Now!
offer expires soon! (1987?)

In the case of lattice it isn't too bad, since the upgrade from 4.0
to 5.0 is only $5.

-don perley

perley@trub.crd.ge.com

dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker) (03/23/90)

In article <11910@vdsvax.crd.ge.com>, perley@trub.crd.ge.com
  (Donald P Perley) writes...
>    Lattice C compiler package ...
>In the case of lattice it isn't too bad, since the upgrade from 4.0
>to 5.0 is only $5.
                ^^   Say what?!
Cost me $75 from 4.1 to 5.0!
"Ah, Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intellegence!"
"Oh, thank you, Master!"             - from the movie, TIME BANDITS
dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov        |   Chris Dueker (The Code Slinger)
dueker@krypton.arc.nasa.gov      |   Computer Sciences Corp.
duke@well.sf.ca.us               |   Mtn. View, CA