[comp.sys.amiga] XANTH: Is something wrong

kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) (03/22/90)

I have been trying to connect with FTP to XANTH at 129.82.8.1 for a while now
and can never get through. Is something wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

-Chris Kushmerick

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (03/22/90)

In article <1734@bnlux0.bnl.gov> kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
> I have been trying to connect with FTP to XANTH at 129.82.8.1 for a while now
> and can never get through. Is something wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

The IP address of xanth.cs.odu.edu is 128.82.8.1, not 129.82.8.1.  If
you would use the name instead of the number, you shouldn't have a problem.

	...tad

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (03/23/90)

In article <1734@bnlux0.bnl.gov>, kushmer@bnlux0.bnl.gov (christopher kushmerick) writes:
> I have been trying to connect with FTP to XANTH at 129.82.8.1 for a while now
> and can never get through. Is something wrong, or am I doing something wrong?

Try calling 128.82.8.1.  I've never been able to get through on 129. I think
that might be the Pope's number, or possibly the sewage treatment plant in
Richland, Wash.  Anyway 128.82.8.1 just worked for me.

						 Mike,

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh