[comp.sys.amiga] Lattice 5.04 problem.

345EEQX@CMUVM.BITNET (Robert Devantier) (03/22/90)

Greetings!
  I have been having problems with Lattice C, and was wondering if
someone can help me out.  The problem is with 5.04, brought up from
5.00 with a Supplemental Disk Version 5.02 patch disk and a 5.04
patch disk dated 9/12/89.  When I compile the following program -

#include <exec/exec.h>
main()
  { printf("Hello.\n"); }

I get the following results, compiling with: lc test.c

Compiling test.c
 UBYTE ln_Type;
exec/nodes.h 7 Error 35: closing brace expected
 UBYTE lh_Type;
exec/lists.h 12 Error 35: closing brace expected
 APTR is_Data;
exec/interrupts.h 14 Error 35: closing brace expected
 APTR iv_Data;
exec/interrupts.h 18 Error 35: closing brace expected
};
exec/interrupts.h 21 Error 64: structure contains no members
 UWORD sh_Pad;
exec/interrupts.h 24 Error 35: closing brace expected
 ULONG mc_Bytes;
exec/memory.h 10 Error 35: closing brace expected
 UWORD mh_Attributes;
exec/memory.h 14 Error 35: closing brace expected
 ULONG meu_Reqs;
exec/memory.h 22 Error 35: closing brace expected
}me_Un;
exec/memory.h 24 Error 64: structure contains no members
Maximum number of errors/warnings reached
Execution terminated

Total files: 1, Compiled OK: 0, Failed to compile: 1

Does anyone else get this same result?  If not, any ideas?  I have
installed with 5.0, applying all patches to the hard drive, then I
also took a set of floppies and applied the patches to those and
then installed that to the hard drive, with no success.  I even
tried assigning my INCLUDE: to the Compiler_Headers directory, but
I get the same results.  I didn't try 5.00 or 5.02, I can only
take so much gronking of drives in one night.

Please send all replies to me, thanks.

Robert Devantier | 345EEQX@CMUVM.Bitnet | Student Programmer
Central Michigan University | {!Amiga!} | Computer Services
"It doesn't matter what I think, they'll sue me for what I said."

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (03/24/90)

In article <9003222258.AA14459@jade.berkeley.edu> 345EEQX@CMUVM.BITNET (Robert Devantier) writes:
>#include <exec/exec.h>
>main()
>  { printf("Hello.\n"); }

In one of the sillier moves I've seen, Amiga include files sub-include all
the include files they need EXCEPT FOR EXEC/TYPES.H.  If you use
any Amiga-specific includes, you probably need to put exec/types.h first.
The compiler expected a closing brace after UBYTE because it thought UBYTE
was a variable instead of a type.        -- Darren