[comp.sys.amiga] Touchscreen for Amiga

egranthm@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Ewan Grantham) (03/23/90)

Having gotten 0 responses, and not being sure this ever got out, let me ask my
question again. I am looking for a touch-screen system I can use with an Amiga
2000 as part of a multimedia project. Ideally it would be a system similar to
the Elographics hardware I have worked with on the IBM.

Any leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Ewan Grantham

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!egranthm
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!egranthm@nosc.mil
INET: egranthm@pnet51.orb.mn.org

bbaker@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bob Baker) (03/23/90)

In article <2202@orbit.cts.com> egranthm@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Ewan Grantham) writes:
> Having gotten 0 responses, and not being sure this ever got out, let me ask my
> question again. I am looking for a touch-screen system I can use with an Amiga
> 2000 as part of a multimedia project. Ideally it would be a system similar to
> the Elographics hardware I have worked with on the IBM.
>
> Any leads would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ewan Grantham

There was a touchscreen unit made by Future Touch and distributed by
Amigo Business Computers (516-757-7334). Not sure if still available
though.

new@udel.edu (Darren New) (03/24/90)

>> Any leads would be GREATLY appreciated.
>> Ewan Grantham

There is an article in an ooolllllddddd BYTE magazine (C's Circuit cellar?)
that describes how to build an IR LED based touchscreen frame.  Of course,
if you are not up to hacking or you want many of them, this is probably
not the way to go.           -- Darren

pawn@wpi.wpi.edu (Kevin Goroway) (03/24/90)

In article <2202@orbit.cts.com> egranthm@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Ewan Grantham) writes:
>Having gotten 0 responses, and not being sure this ever got out, let me ask my
>question again. I am looking for a touch-screen system I can use with an Amiga
>2000 as part of a multimedia project. Ideally it would be a system similar to
>the Elographics hardware I have worked with on the IBM.

Try to get in touch with Amigo Business Computers in East Northport N.Y.
(the number escapes me right now...[it's in the graphics issue of Amiga
World])  I did some programming for them when the project first began, and
it was looking pretty good back then...funny you should mention Elographics,
because that's who we were dealing with. (My Comdex badge actually says
Elographics, and not Amigo, since I was in the Elographics booth demoing)

>Any leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

No problem...

>Thanks,
>Ewan Grantham

You're welcome...

--
| Worcester Polytechnic Institute   | "It happens sometimes, people just     |