[comp.sys.amiga] KeyboardX

consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett L. Kessler) (03/17/90)

While going through alt.sources.amiga yesterday, I came across a
program called KeyboardX.  It came with no documentation (other than
"you don't need docs for this"), and seems to do nothing.

Can anybody tell me what it's supposed to do?  Or am I playing around
with a possible trojan horse here?  (Thank heavens for floppies!)

+------///-+------------------| BRETT KESSLER |------------------+-\\\------+
|     ///  |         consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu          |  \\\     |
| \\\///   |              consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET                |   \\\/// |
|  \XX/    |              (PeopleLink)  B.KESSLER                |    \XX/  |
+----------+-----------------------------------------------------+----------+

koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Kurt Koller) (03/23/90)

consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett L. Kessler) writes:
>While going through alt.sources.amiga yesterday, I came across a
>program called KeyboardX.  It came with no documentation (other than
>"you don't need docs for this"), and seems to do nothing.
>
>Can anybody tell me what it's supposed to do?  Or am I playing around
>with a possible trojan horse here?  (Thank heavens for floppies!)

I believe it is a patch for the 68020^ and the older style A2000 keyboards
(the ones with the small function keys...)  There was a problen in timing
somewhere and I believe this takes care of it.  This same code exists in
SetCPU, I think...

Actually I have no real idea at all.

BTW, what's the record for longest signature on this heer net?
|         | Kurt Koller - Graphic MicroSystems - (612) 228-0127 |      ,    |
| Random  |  UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!koleman  | Cliche    |
| Quoted  |  INET: koleman@pnet51.orb.mn.org                    | phrase    |
| Garbage |  ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!koleman@nosc.mil          | dude.     |
               My views represent my employer's views entirely.
            However, I take no responsibility for them whatsoever.

consp11@bingsunm.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett Kessler) (03/24/90)

> I believe it is a patch for the 68020^ and the older style A2000 keyboards
> (the ones with the small function keys...)  There was a problen in timing
> somewhere and I believe this takes care of it.  This same code exists in
> SetCPU, I think...
>
> Actually I have no real idea at all.

I'm glad you put that little disclaimer at the end; somebody replied to me
through EMail and told me what it was.  It randomly remaps the keyboard every
10 seconds, presumably to play a joke on an unsuspecting friend.  (In this
respect, I must say, it worked like a charm!  :-)