[comp.sys.amiga] Real short comments on NCGA

hrlaser@pnet01.cts.com (Harv Laser) (03/21/90)

NCGA (National Computer Graphics Association) Conference and Expo began
in Anaheim, CA. Monday 3/19 and continues thru Thursday 3/22.

I spent about 3 hours walking the exhibits floor on Monday. Although I
won't pretend that I looked at EVERY booth there, in my travels I
saw ==> ONE <== Amiga: a 2500 in Sharp's booth hooked up to demo the
JX100 color scanner with ASDG's SL100 software.

Commodore has no booth at NCGA this year.  I've learned they will be
at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Convetion in Atlanta,
in a couple of weeks, in a BIG way.

I did find Byte by Byte's booth at NCGA and there sat Scott Peterson and
one of his team demoing Sculpt 3D (yes, "3") on a trio of Mac ][s.  A lot
of familiar Amiga imagery (Juggler, etc.) had been ported over. The
program looks quite good with a 24-bit graphics board on a large Radius
monitor.  Fast too, of course, since those Macs were all 030 flavor.
The software lists for {coff} US$1500.00.  It doesn't animate [yet].

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!hrlaser
ARPA: crash!pnet01!hrlaser@nosc.mil
INET: hrlaser@pnet01.cts.com

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (03/22/90)

In article <1891@crash.cts.com>, hrlaser@pnet01.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:

> Commodore has no booth at NCGA this year.  I've learned they will be
> at the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Convetion in Atlanta,
> in a couple of weeks, in a BIG way.

I thought I read somewhere that CBM was at a government expo this week, called
something like FOCE '90 (I think "Federal Office and Computer Equipment Expo").
Or was that NewTek, or was it NewTek that was going to be at NAB (which makes
senses to me, although they both should be). Laura Longfellow was at AmiExpo
which was good enough for me!

--
"Could we be the bellwether  | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
 of major societal shifts?"  | DLA Systems Automation Center - Columbus,Oh

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (03/25/90)

Does anyone know if Commodore is planning on showing up at SIGGRAPH '90 in
Dallas in August?

Sean