[comp.sys.amiga] Graphical interchange packages

shawn@jdyx.UUCP (Shawn Hayes) (02/05/90)

I sent out a messae recently about the FBM and PBM packages, but I lost the
one response I got.

     I've been trying to compile the FBM and PBM packages without much success,
and thought that maybe some other people might have got one of them to work on
the Amiga.  The FBM package compiles fine, but I can't figure out the stupid
options for BLink to make it link correctly.  The Lattice manual and the
Makefile haven't helped much so if anyone has had any success getting either
package to run send me some mail, or better yet,  POST the finished work so
that other people who may or may not have the Lattice compiler can use it.

Thanks.

                                     Shawn Hayes

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (02/06/90)

I agree.  We really need FMB and PBMPlus for the Amiga.  I have some project
work where I need to convert IFF's to MacPaint, and PBM+ Does the trick.

+--------------------------+--------------------+---------------------------+
| John A. Dutka  (jdutka)  | WPI - We aim to    | jdutka@wpi.bitnet         |
| WPI                      | raise our tuition  | jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu        |
| Box 2308                 | every year!  And   | husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka      |
| 100 Institute Road	   | that's a promise!  |---------------------------+
| Worcester, MA 01609-2280 +--------------------+ That which does not kill  |
| (508) 755-7128           | us makes us stronger   -   Nietzche            |
+--------------------------+------------------------------------------------+

aliu@castor.usc.edu (Terminal Entry) (02/07/90)

In article <7747@wpi.wpi.edu> jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
>I agree.  We really need FMB and PBMPlus for the Amiga.  I have some project
>work where I need to convert IFF's to MacPaint, and PBM+ Does the trick.

Amiga could sure use a package such as PBM/PPM, but as it is now, it would
be very incovenient for floppy users. (remember, those portable pixmaps/bitmaps
can be very large, over 1 meg).

Such a program on the amiga should convert dirrectly from one format to
another. (i.e. gif->iff instead of gif->ppm->iff).

Since on the subject, a driver to write files like DynaHiRes (NewTek)
would also be nice (for files that are beyond HAM capabilities, or that
cry out for hires).

tron1@tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) (02/08/90)

>     I've been trying to compile the FBM and PBM packages without much
>success,
>Makefile haven't helped much so if anyone has had any success getting either
>package to run send me some mail, or better yet,  POST the finished work so
>that other people who may or may not have the Lattice compiler can use it.

Ditto!

Everything I say is Copr.  1990, except the stuff I stole from someone else
and the stuff I don't want responsibility for.

Kenneth J. Jamieson: Xanadu Enterprises Inc. "Professional Amiga Software"
      UUCP: tron1@tronsbox.UUCP  BEST PATH ---> uunet!tronsbox!tron1
      Sysop, Romantic Encounters BBS - (201)759-8450 / (201)759-8568

dale@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dale Luck - Amiga) (03/26/90)

In article <7747@wpi.wpi.edu> jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
>I agree.  We really need FMB and PBMPlus for the Amiga.  I have some project
>work where I need to convert IFF's to MacPaint, and PBM+ Does the trick.

The current release of X11R3.1 (available in about 30 days) has
the original pbm libraries compiled and running on the Amiga. We've
added two new ones that convert from ifftopbm and pbmtoiff.

If you are interested in more information about the next release
of X11 for the Amiga please email back.
Dale Luck
GfxBase
uunet!cbmvax!amiga!boing!dale