[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga.lib

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (10/30/89)

I've bought a PD C compiler and I seem to need the file "amiga.lib"
in order to be able to compile properly. Any ideas out there where I
can get this file?
	J.Gold
	jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths
	mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr

fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) (11/01/89)

From article <1989Oct30.154257.19626@gdt.bath.ac.uk>, by mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold):
> I've bought a PD C compiler and I seem to need the file "amiga.lib"
> in order to be able to compile properly. Any ideas out there where I
> can get this file?
> 	J.Gold
> 	jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths
> 	mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr

     You can get all the include files you need along with the current
Autodocs and ReadMe files by ordering the Native Developer's kit from
Commodore.  Write to

     Commodore Business Machines
     1200 Wilson Drive
     West Chester, Pennsylvania  19380
	  Attn: Software Tech Support: Lauren Brown

When I ordered the kit in January 1989 it was just $20.  It's a real
bargain.

--Fabbian Dufoe
  350 Ling-A-Mor Terrace South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33705
  813-823-2350

UUCP: ...uunet!pdn!jc3b21!fgd3

GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (03/12/90)

     Ok, I've figgured out that I need AMIGA.LIB to link programs
 written in ZC, and that I must get AMIGA.LIB from Commodore.  Is it
 part of CATS' Native Developers Upgrade?  If so, where do I send my
 check?  If not, where is it?

     I've also deduced that AMIGA.LIB coresponds to stdio.  Are the
 other standard includes available?

840445m@aucs.uucp (Alan McKay) (03/14/90)

You can also use the pd replacement called small.lib.  It is on one or more
of the fish disks but I am not sure which one.  Come to think of it I am not
even sure if it is called small.lib, but it is a lot smaller than the C= one.
Maybe someone else can fill in all the gaping holes I've left :-)
--
+ Alan W. McKay       +  VOICE: (902) 542-1565                        +
+ Acadia University   +  "Courage my friend, it is not yet too late   +

per@iesd.auc.dk (Per Langfeldt Hagen) (03/15/90)

In article <1990Mar14.111222.24056@aucs.uucp> 840445m@aucs.uucp (Alan McKay) writes:

> You can also use the pd replacement called small.lib.  It is on one or more
> of the fish disks but I am not sure which one.  Come to think of it I am not
> even sure if it is called small.lib, but it is a lot smaller than the C= one.
> Maybe someone else can fill in all the gaping holes I've left :-)

>   + Alan W. McKay       +  VOICE: (902) 542-1565                        +

May be i can fill in the missing blank :-) The SmallLib is on
fishdisk #92. It is about 8 times smaller than Amiga.lib. Binary only.

-Per

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|       ___  ___  ___                                                     |
|      /  / /    /  /  Aalborg University, Denmark                        |
|     /__/ /__  /__/   ARPA      per@iesd.auc.dk{...}                     |
|    /    /___ /   \                                                      |
|  Per L. Hagen, Revlingbakken 73, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark, Europe          |
|            International | +45 98 18 40 24                              |
|  Telephone: -------------|-----------------    Opinions are my own!     |
|            National      |     98 18 40 24                              |

GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (03/17/90)

     I have Small.lib.  Either I'm doing something wrong, or small.lib
 isn't what I need.  I do Blink Test.o Small.lib to Test and it tells me
 that _printf is not defined.  I'm using BLink 6.7, A68k 1.2, and ZC 1.01.
 What am I doing wrong?

/*  "Come see the violence inherent in the system!"

      F. Michael Theilig  -  The University of Rhode Island at Little Rest
                            GWO110 at URIACC.Bitnet

                                        "Help!  Help!  I'm being Repressed!" */

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen) (03/17/90)

	> I do Blink Test.o Small.lib to Test and it tells me
	> that _printf is not defined.
First of all, you are telling blink to include the entire library by
specifying it as one of the included modules. You need to let it
know it is a library by using the LIBRARY keyword:
	Blink Test.o LIB Small.lib to Test

Also, who's compiler are you using? Be careful of doing I/O without
setting up a run-time environment. Amiga.lib does have a version of
printf(). Maybe Small.lib doesn't. The version in Amiga.lib will
use the stdout entry set up by the CLI in the CLI structure portion
of the process structure.

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (03/17/90)

(Mail bounced - I guess I can't get to Bitnet)

In article <14134@snow-white.udel.EDU>
GWO110%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:

>     I have Small.lib.  Either I'm doing something wrong, or small.lib
> isn't what I need.  I do Blink Test.o Small.lib to Test and it tells me
> that _printf is not defined.  I'm using BLink 6.7, A68k 1.2, and ZC 1.01.
> What am I doing wrong?

I think you should be saying Blink Test.o to Test LIB Small.lib.
This tells Blink that Small.lib is a library to be scanned for
object modules, as opposed to inlcuding the entire thing.

But the main reason I wrote was your mention of A68k 1.2.  That
version is ANCIENT!  Do yourself a favour and upgrade to version
2.42 (Fred Fish disk #186) or better still version 2.61 (Fish disk
#314).  The new versions run twice as fast and you don't have to
fiddle with -w parameters to keep from running out of memory.

If you can't get your hands on a newer version, send me a disk at

Charlie Gibbs
2121 Rindall Avenue
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Canada
V3C 1T9

and I'll send it back with the latest version of A68k plus a couple
of other goodies like my Z-80 CP/M emulator.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP

dfrancis@tronsbox.UUCP (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (03/26/90)

	OK, I got a few responses to my last plea for help.  (Thanks to
those who replied!)  My next question is simpler:  I have been advised to
obtain some disk(s) Commodore puts out for developers.  The price was said to
be "about $25"; no address was given.  I'd appreciate it if some kind soul
would post or mail me the price and address and any other relavent details.
Again, thanks in advance.

Dennis Francis Heffernan	|  "Great spirits have always
dfrancis@tronsbox		|   encountered violent opposition
...uunet!tronsbox!dfrancis	|   from mediocre minds"
Killer GM- Reasonable fees	|   --Albert Einstein